Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man arrested for Smuggling a panther a leopard 2 monkeys and a bear in his suitcase

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That's just stupid, I'd have managed 1200 John Player Blue on top of all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That's just tragic. I wonder how much those animals were worth to the smuggler. I think it's so sad, the same with drug trafficking, that the person who gets caught and faces the consequences are usually the lowest on the rung. The person who wanted the animals and the people who arranged the transport will probably just go ahead and do it again with another cash strapped person at the front line to take the fall.

The initiative taken in parts of Africa, where they employed former poachers as conservationists, was an inspired idea. I wonder if they could employ similar tactics in the struggle against live animal smuggling in other parts of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

God that's awful :( So upsetting. Thank God they were found but how many other animals are smuggled every day like that? :(

Advertisement