Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodquay Hostel

Options
  • 13-05-2011 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Thinking of booking this place for my mates stag night. Seems to be an easy going place going by the reviews online. Anyone know much about it?
    What other hostels are good for a stag - ie ok with drinking at the hostel etc??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mixed reviews, I've never been inside myself.
    Others are:
    http://www.kinlaygalway.ie/
    http://www.sleepzone.ie/

Not sure about the drinking in the hostel though, you might have to ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Thinking of booking this place for my mates stag night. Seems to be an easy going place going by the reviews online. Anyone know much about it?
    What other hostels are good for a stag - ie ok with drinking at the hostel etc??

Cheers!

I would say few of them would be happy with a stag drinking on the premises. A beer or two is one thing. I am sure you are grand but in general its a recipe for disaster.

The cleaning staff have enough to other than mop up the vomit and piss from the bedroom floors the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭SparKing

Fuinseog wrote: »
    The cleaning staff have enough to other than mop up the vomit and piss from the bedroom floors the next day.

Whatever, that comment isn't very helpful, like it or not people drink, some people drink too much, they expect a certain amount of clean up.

I reckon try Jurys, it's usually a room rate and it's right in the heart of it and on the doorstep of all the pubs you inevitably will end up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

SparKing wrote: »
    Whatever, that comment isn't very helpful, like it or not people drink, some people drink too much, they expect a certain amount of clean up.

I reckon try Jurys, it's usually a room rate and it's right in the heart of it and on the doorstep of all the pubs you inevitably will end up.

I worked in that industry and it was only the Irish who would vomit in the rooms and clear off without even trying to clean it up or alerting staff. Continentals are not above getting sick, but usually aim for the toilets or would have the decency to mention it to the staff.

You seem to think that this kind of degenerate behaviour is normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If ye are a stag, you should be grateful to find a hostel that will take you. Don't push your luck by expecting to drink on the premises as well. Oh - and expect not to be able to book on-line: you'll almost certainly need to ring them to book, and to pay a substantial behaviour deposit on check-in.

Don't blame the hostels.

Blame the ignorant thugs who stayed there before, and behaved in ways that others in this thread have already described well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement