Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jtag my xbox?

Options
  • 13-05-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

HI,
    I want to Jtag my 360 as someone told me that I could put all my games on to an external hard drive and play them from there.
    My kids have ruines 2 discs so far so would like to back my games up etc.
    How do I know if my 360 is Jtagable.
    Cheers
    Sham.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Go into console settings and check system information for a dashboard version of 2.7371 or lower if it is your in luck check the Modding services sticky for a local modder to do it for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

thanks, its 2.0 something.
    I will check sticky.
    Cheers Again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

sham69 wrote: »
    thanks, its 2.0 something.
    I will check sticky.
    Cheers Again.

You need to check the last 4 or 5 digits of the code, 2.0 isn't the identifier your looking for. It will likely be 7371, 8955, 9199, 12611 or 12625. Your looking for 7371 or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

More generally, if you connected to xbox live after August 2009, or you played a game released after August 2009 you're out of luck :)

But the System Dashboard version number is the best way to know for sure.

Last digits 12625.0
    I never used it on live
    Sent a pm to docentore but no reply yet.
    Cheers for the help folks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

This is the latest dashboard so no it's not exploitable :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

sham69 wrote: »
    Last digits 12625.0
    I never used it on live
    Sent a pm to docentore but no reply yet.
    Cheers for the help folks

You've probably played a newer release game on it recently, which has the update on the disc & is needed to play. 12625 means that console won't be exploitable as justryan stated...your only other option is to buy a jtagged one or one that is exploitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

If all you want the jtag for is to stop your kids from ruining discs theres going to be a new product coming out in july that will allow you to play your games from a external hdd without a jtag its called the x360key http://x360key.com/

Thanks for the reply folks
    I only updated it a couple of weeks ago I guess when I bought 2 games for my kinect.
    Ah well
    The x360 key seems interesting, I will keep an eye on it.
    Thanks again.

Advertisement