Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House owned by bank / nama - problem

Options
  • 13-05-2011 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,

First I want to say that I didn't find a better forum for this, please move this if you know one.
    When I moved in, on a house next to mine was a notice that it was re-possessed by First Active bank.
    Then I read that this bank doesn't exist and it was taken over by ulster bank.
    House is empty for over a year now (or more, I don't know how long was it empty before I moved in).
    Problem is, that few weeks / months ago I noticed that it was... well... raining inside!!!
    During winter a pipe had to burst, as house wasn't heated, and water had to leak for at least 2 months!!!
    I saw that damage is quit substantial through windows from their back garden.

Now, I tried calling council and water works, but they all told me that if house is private owned that can't do anything except stopping / closing water valve on the street (what I did immediately when I noticed).

Anyway, I feel bad knowing that there a 5 / 6 year old house that is rotting away and no one is even aware!!
    There are no visits / checks on this house.

Any idea who should I contact?
    I guess it's owned either by Ulster or NAMA at this stage...
    I didn't see it listed anywhere for sale auction...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

if the house is as badly damaged as you say and if you are a semi detached, then I'd suggest you contact Ulster Bank HO, putting them on notice that should your house be damaged by ingress of water from their property, you will be looking to them to fix your house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭jaceq

ravima wrote: »
    if the house is as badly damaged as you say and if you are a semi detached, then I'd suggest you contact Ulster Bank HO, putting them on notice that should your house be damaged by ingress of water from their property, you will be looking to them to fix your house.

I'm in a terraced, and the damaged one is end of terrace.
    The house I live in is rented, I notified the landlord but he doesn't really care...
    I'll try to contact Ulster HO, I am not 100% if they are the owners, though.

Any idea how should I contact them?

Advertisement