Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beauty Supplies!

• 13-05-2011 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hey there i am currently goin to be doin a beauty course covering 3 week manicure, waxing, tinting and shaping for eyebrows and eyelashes, mini facials, mini manicure, minx nails, eyelash extensions, and tanning!

I am wondering if there is any place i could get supplies like kits for these courses iv already checked flair and beauty express!

I am wondering is buying kits off of ebay.ie a bad idea or is it ok??

also does anyone know any supplies shops in munster?and online?

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Your course sounds cool! Where's it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carareen

hey
    do you know of any beauty supply stores in munster?

my course is all small courses that i am doing seperately but i am doing them with affordable course, search affordable courses on facebook and her profile shud show up :) its a pic of beyonce on the profile pik!!

also the tanning course is the only course where i will get certification the rest are certs of completed workshops :) but still excellent courses you can still use the skills for mobile beauty and working from home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

You might want to check with the insurance company before you do these courses. If your going to work mobile you really need to be covered!

Honestly if you want to make a living/ career out of Beauty Therapy I'd advise you to get your ITEC qualification other wise these courses will be a waste of money.

Where in Munster are you?

im in kerry :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

There's a Sallys beauty supply warehouse in Kilkenny if you are qualified you can get a discount on all the products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Hi OP,

Your college should be able to give you a couple of suppliers in the local area, good idea to compare prices as there can be huge differences.
    Just to also echo a previous posters comment re insurance, whilst you will received workshop completion cert or whatever please please please look into therapist insurance, you WILL need this if you are to set up as a mobile therapist or work from home...if you dont insure yourself and something goes wrong you personally will be sued, and bear in mind that the beauty industry has the second highest claims just under motor claims...by not insuring yourself you are putting yourself in a very dodgy position and that little mini facial you done on Mrs Smith who turned out to have a contraindication which meant you should not have worked on her and shes now having a reaction....well we know what a claims culture there is in this country...
    If you have a nosey on a few insurance sites, Im personally with AIT, and there will be info on their sites as to what you need to do as a professional providing a service, and what qualifications you need in order to be both trained to a proper level and insurable.
    Just as an aside, there is no way that a workshop can properly teach you any of the contraindications/restrictions/medical considerations/diseases/disorders etc etc for the treatments you list, properly and fully so that you understand the treatment in full...which further backs up the need for insurance. If this is something you want to do, and charge for, then get the relevant proper qualifications and offer a full professional service where clients can be sure that their therapist is fully trained.

I dont mean to sound like I am preaching, but just concerned at the amount of quick courses promising things and making it sound like theres megabucks to be earned...churning out below standard 'therapists' that have all but wasted their money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I often order from from these guys, great service and fast delivery.
    They are based in Cork.
    http://www.hennessyhb.ie/store/

Re kits - I personally think they are over priced, you would be better of buying what you need separately.
    Tanning machine and tent - you will find these are much cheaper to buy on ebay.

im doin my course with gemair beauty courses :) in clonakilty its 5 day course 10-5 it does ear candling 2

Advertisement