Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor changing their data offers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Does anyone know what the changes actually are ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

zuroph wrote: »
    Its onl billboards for today, you sure that its not happening? seems like something they'd have to honour having advertised the rate...

shure I was taking to them, call 1905 and ask yerself.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

or, just go ahead and use loads of data and when you get a bill for it remind them of the text you received from them. Would this work?

What was in this mystery text then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

long_b wrote: »
    What was in this mystery text then ?

The text i got was regarding data roaming and receiving and making calls anyway..

Cant remember exactly. I dont keep texts in me phone :) Most of them get deleted on the same day :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

"we've slashed roaming rates for using internet on your phone and mobile broadband in the RU from EUR10.24 per MB to 99c per MB. Begins 18th May. See Meteor.ie"

thats the text they sent out. think you'd have a pretty good case to read into that...

So what are we basing our hope of new local data packages on then ?

long_b wrote: »
    So what are we basing our hope of new local data packages on then ?

rumours from their FB manager basically. they've told me before that they're reviewing their data packages, and they've just dropped the price of the data locally to 2c per MB according to their website, without announcing it or fully editing the site, which would hint a change is on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Rang Meteor today. The guy basically told me that they hope to have it running by next week. Maybe even tomorrow. There have just been a few problems setting it up. No plans to change local data.

Local data should be dropped to 1c/2c per MB though.

Le King wrote: »
    Local data should be dropped to 1c/2c per MB though.
    its priced at 2c per MB on the website at the moment. typo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Must be a typo, I went over the limit last night by. 05MB and was charged 88 cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

fitzdragon wrote: »
    Must be a typo, I went over the limit last night by. 05MB and was charged 88 cents.

You'll have to opt in to it I think and it won't be rolled out until the 28th.

its now says 2c per MB on their website, and their FB have confirmed it to me as the price, so i'd contact customer care and try get it back if I were you. they've also confirmed that they're looking at data bundles, but no dates or details are confirmed yet, but they expect them later this year.

Advertisement