Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Garda Recruitment

• 13-05-2011 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have previously gone back to do my Leaving Certificate. I know you need a minimum of 5 subjects to be able to apply for the guards. I’m just wondering if anyone could tell me if it would go against me to have 2 foundation subjects within the 5 e.g. foundation Maths and Irish. I am just really struggling with maths and I don't know weather to take the risk of doing the ordinary level and failing.
    On the other hand I am also doing two higher level subjects. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭thelongwait

If your doing foundation you need a b3 or higher in maths and a c3 or higher in Irish. Read the FAQ thread at top of Garda recruitment page. It answers any questions you may have, educational requirements are about 3rd or 4th question down.
    Once you suit the requirements then they won't hold anything against you. The interview is the only place they question you, it's up to you then to impress them with your personality, not your leaving results.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement