Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles or Motley?

Options
  • 13-05-2011 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Which is better The Beatles or Motley Crue? Hippies vs Rockin' out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'll have to say The Beatles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Are you serious?? You couldn't have pitted the Beatles against a decent rock band?!

I much prefer rock and c**k rock personally. The Beatles are a bit blah. Except maybe Eleanor Rigby and Revolver which are kinda upbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Are you serious?? You couldn't have pitted the Beatles against a decent rock band?!

*clears throat*

Brave words for someone who enjoys KISS;)

And I bet Phil Anselmo hasn't made any mistakes in his career either eh?;)

Ah no, I'm completely bias, but I enjoy both bands. Obviously these bands are widely different (of course there was some inspiration from the Beatles because, they were, the Beatles) but the styles and excess of the bands were completely different.

Is it wrong to wish your favourite band broke up, and then stayed that way for at least a prolonged period of time before launching a comeback tour?

And yes, I love KISS and Pantera equally too, funny enough the latter took a lot of inspiration from the former and some people might find that strange I guess.

I'm voting for Crue

motley-crue-egg-burritos.jpg

Seen them at Sonisphere last year, probably the only time I will ever get to see them in my life, especially if Vince can't keep out of jail

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I'd have to say the Beatles, although my knowledge of Crue is probably not as good as it should be. Rubber Soul and Revolver are brilliant albums, and John, Paul and George all had some great solo releases if that counts here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

The Beatles!

• Advertisement

*clears throat*

Brave words for someone who enjoys KISS;)

And I bet Phil Anselmo hasn't made any mistakes in his career either eh?;)

Hahah! Nah, I love Motley Crue and LA Guns and Skid Row all that sleazy stuff... It's fun and awesome but it's useless extremely talented and challenging in fairness.

But I just think if it's a hippie vs rock thread, OP could have balanced it out by picking say, AC/DC or someone. Considering how the Beatles are seen worldwide as such inspiration (God knows why... ;))

It'll boil down to personal taste in styles because the genres are so different. It's like saying Crosby, Stills & Nash vs Black Sabbath. Both fantastic but imcomparable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Neither.

Both are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

As much as anyone, I do find the comparison ridiculous due the differnet genres and generations. In saying that, let's look at the sums of the equation:

John Lennon
    Paul McCartney
    George Harrison
    Ringo Starr

With all dues respect to everyone in the Crue, they fail miserably in a head to head competition in solo careers.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭hellyeah

the crue imo. never got the beatles and all the hype.
    Strange comparision from the op.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I choose Motley Crue. I like both bands, but Motley Crue would be on my top 5 bands list while The Beatles would really just be a band that I like.

Anyway it's a strange comparisson, since both bands a very different and have different styles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I will get ripped out of it for saying this, but The Beatles (along with The Rolling Stones) are thee most overrated musical act in history.

Fair play to them, they were hot **** when they came out, and I respect them for it. I just think they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

crue, of course.

cherub i have the height of respect for you and thus i feel i must point out what must have been an uncharacteristic error in your reply above.

you appear to have used the word "useless" in the same sentance as skid row:eek:

now there are enough grammar nazi's on here but i feel you should clarify this statement in a positive way.

it is a known fact skid row rocked as i am sure you will agree.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Except maybe Eleanor Rigby and Revolver which are kinda upbeat.

Eleanor Rigby isn't upbeat

some nice tones there fruvai, i like that autowah pedal.

but....where's the DISTORTION?:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

there are enough grammar nazi's on here
    Nicely done although you should have used the word "grammer" then you'd have gotten bonus points ;).

i await your edited post with a smile:p!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats next - Sex Pistols or The Cars?

mike65 wrote: »

If you don't like the thread you don't have to comment:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

mike65 wrote: »

Elvis Presley or Spiderman?

• Advertisement

oooh, presley ftw, spiderman movies=bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Neither, they're both sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

If you don't like the thread you don't have to comment:D
    You do though. I'd hate for daft comparison threads to start to become acceptable. I'd have deleted it on the spot if I'd come across it earlier. It's difficult to compare the two given bands without having some common criteria.

I also really hate when someone starts up a thread looking for opinions and then doesn't give their own.
    Fago! wrote:
    I will get ripped out of it for saying this, but The Beatles (along with The Rolling Stones) are thee most overrated musical act in history.

Fair play to them, they were hot **** when they came out, and I respect them for it. I just think they aren't all they're cracked up to be.
    Out of curiosity what makes you think they're overrated?

fruvai wrote: »
    Eleanor Rigby isn't upbeat

I just meant that it's faster, not as la la la dull....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 formit0404

haha you're delusional. i can't believe that motley crue were even mentioned in the same sentence as the beatles - now thats f***ed

formit0404 wrote: »
    haha you're delusional. i can't believe that motley crue were even mentioned in the same sentence as the beatles - now thats f***ed

The Beatles inspired a lot of people, so did Motley Crue

They're both well known forerunners for their generation, the fact they're still touring with their founding line up 30 years after formation says it all

OK, things aren't as productive as they used to be, but this band are still representative of a movement, a generation and a style - exactly like the Beatles

also not one member of motley crue married yoko ono.

definitly a plus point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Malice wrote: »

Out of curiosity what makes you think they're overrated?

I just think they are. People are always on about how The Beatles are the best band ever, how they were the best musical act in history. They weren't the best at what they did like. There's tonnes of acts around today that are thousands of times better than them, but they aren't nearly as famous or appreciated. I like some of their songs and think they were a good band, but nowhere near as good as people make them out to be. Just like The Rolling Stones, Nirvana (although I am a fan) and U2. (U2 ---> :mad::mad::mad: )

Now Devildriver, there's a band for ye ;) :pac:

hey cherub! respect for doing the right thing and i am flattered you say i am a peer.

fago the beatles deserve the respect in every way for their groundbreaking songwriting and amazing musicianship
    i say this whilst not owning a single album.
    you don't have to like it to appreciate it.

i also disagree you would find many bands today with a comparable level of achievement

but hey we all are entitled to our opinions thankfully:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Well Whats better?

Or

Motley are Much better than the beatles. The beatles are for people who wear flowers in their hair and dress like their grandparents.

Crue is for people that have hairspray in their hair and dress like a cheap slut and enjoys everything in excess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement