Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles or Motley?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

fago the beatles deserve the respect in every way for their groundbreaking songwriting and amazing musicianship
    i say this whilst not owning a single album.
    you don't have to like it to appreciate it.

i also disagree you would find many bands today with a comparable level of achievement

Amazing musician ship? At best they were average musicians. I get that they were kinda groundbreaking in songwriting or whatever, but they weren't groundbreaking musicians. Anyone can write that shit if they were whacked off their heads on LSD. If it wasn't for George martin they'd have got no-where (or at least not be as good or famous as they are now).

I like some of the Beatles songs, I respect that they were good and they were new. But I just don't understand the hype about them and in no way think they were even close to being the best band in history, that's all.
    I think some bands of nowadays are well better than the Beatles. Oasis being one of them. Hugely underrated.
    but hey we all are entitled to our opinions thankfully:)

Yep indeedy. This is why we love boards. BTW I'm not sniping at you, just incase ya thought I was. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

kona wrote: »

Crue is for people that have hairspray in their hair and dress like a cheap slut and enjoys everything in excess.

Hahah, I love you. This is so true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

also not one member of motley crue married yoko ono.

definitly a plus point.

no, but Nikki Sixx nailed Bruce Dickinson's wife :D.

Riddle101 wrote: »

Did he?

(heh I said diddy)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Riddle101 wrote: »

And Kat Von D

- a million points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Where would music be if Nikki Sixx and co had been hanging around German night clubs in the early 60s? In a very different place, I imagine.

The Beatles of course.

Fago! wrote: »
    I think some bands of nowadays are well better than the Beatles. Oasis being one of them. Hugely underrated.

This is a joke, surely ? Oasis were no more than a Beatles tribute band

greendom wrote: »
    This is a joke, surely ? Oasis were no more than a Beatles tribute band

They're actually quite different bands.

They're actually quite different bands.

Yes the Beatles were original and had a creative spark whereas Oasis were completely derivative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Oasis are a bunch of Buskers. Plus noel is a bigger wanker than a nympho on a life sentance.

Lilah? Go **** off , Crue would have put manners on them, even while wearing womens underwear and more make up than their mothers, just like Tommy Did with Kid Rock, Vince Did with Axl Rose and Nikki Did with Bret Michaels.

Oasis think they are rockstars? Ha.

• Advertisement

Did he?

(heh I said diddy)

She climbed in his hotel rooms window, rode him, left and didnt say a word. Nikki didnt know till he met her backstage before they supported maiden.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

wow, the beatles original actually sounds more metal than crue, the guy singing just doesn't seem to have his heart in it, he sounds like a chipmunk compared to Pauls godlike wailings.

wow, the beatles original actually sounds more metal than crue, the guy singing just doesn't seem to have his heart in it, he sounds like a chipmunk compared to Pauls godlike wailings.

Thats great, but neither are metal. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

This joke of a thread is giving me a pain in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

Both should be ashamed
    Beatles : White up some soul with an orchestra
    Motley Crue: Just terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

by jebus this thread grew some unlikely legs!!

just saw an interview with sixx about that incident with dickensons wife:eek:

poor fecker.

dickinson that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Motley Crue

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭TheoBoone

It's an interesting comparison. Normally you'll get the obligatory Beatles vs Rolling Stones comparison, or Beatles vs Elvis.....but this is the first time I've ever had occasion to ask myself, which band is better? The Beatles or Motley Crue?

Motley Crue are by far the more entertaining band to read about. The Dirt is one of the funniest books I've ever read, and The Heroin Diaries is pretty entertaining in parts. The only problem with reading about the members of Motley Crue is that you come to hate them(except for Nikki Sixx).

The Beatles on the other hand are kinda the founding fathers of modern rock music. They were part of a genereation of musicians who shaped the way popular music has developed. Without them, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Elvis and The Rolling Stones, music would be a very different place.

I'm going to have to give it to the Beatles. For me personally, it just comes down to how f**king awesome George Harrisson was!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

TheoBoone wrote: »
    The Beatles on the other hand are kinda the founding fathers of modern rock music. They were part of a genereation of musicians who shaped the way popular music has developed. Without them, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Elvis and The Rolling Stones, music would be a very different place.
    I'd agree. The beatles inspired more musicians IMO and have helped lead to where we are today.
    I'm not quite sure how much of the music that I listen to has been influenced in any way by MC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

TheoBoone wrote: »
    The Beatles on the other hand are kinda the founding fathers of modern rock music.
    I'm glad someone finally posted this. Personally I'd swap out the word rock for the word pop but it's the same principle. A lot of harmonic ideas and chord progressions have been influenced directly or indirectly by stuff The Beatles did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Devrobia

The beatle's by a mile....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

kona wrote: »
    Tommy Did with Kid Rock, Vince Did with Axl Rose and Nikki Did with Bret Michaels.

Tommy and Kid Rock - Who is shagging who's ex-wife at the minute?
    Vince and Axl - They both talked crap and threatened to beat the other up, 20 years on nothing happened
    Nikki and Bret - didn't I read the other day that nikki rang Brett to apologise so that they could tour together this year?

Hardcore guys, hardcore.

Crue died years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mellor wrote: »
    Crue died years ago

Who's still kicking ass, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Poison or Motley Crue?

Ahh now we're approaching their level :D

Mellor wrote: »

Crue died years ago

well you can clearly hear them from my gaff, car, headphones regularly!

long live rock'n'roll!!!!!!!!

;)

closet rocker there mellor?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Which is better The Beatles or Motley Crue? Hippies vs Rockin' out?

beatles. that is all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I just think they are. People are always on about how The Beatles are the best band ever, how they were the best musical act in history. They weren't the best at what they did like. There's tonnes of acts around today that are thousands of times better than them, but they aren't nearly as famous or appreciated. I like some of their songs and think they were a good band, but nowhere near as good as people make them out to be. Just like The Rolling Stones, Nirvana (although I am a fan) and U2. (U2 ---> :mad::mad::mad: )

Now Devildriver, there's a band for ye ;) :pac:

seen macca last year in the rds, simply amazing. one of the best gigs I was ever at, the man is so talented. Only got into the bealtes in the last few years, after being a bit of a metal head when i was younger!

Really??? for the record I love oasis, whats the story and deffinatly maybe are 2 of my favourite ablums, BUT i cant agree with that! i mean oasis are beatles wannabies! look at their early videos with their red glasses, not to mention the opening pianio to dont look back in anger being a rip off of imagine! oasis have some amazing songs, but have released a lot of muck too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

The Beatles piss on everything Motley Crue have ever done from great heights. The Beatles are one of the most influential bands of all time and changed the course of music.

Meanwhile Motley Crue have done what exactly....?

• Advertisement

i'll lend you the book....;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement