Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting a zzr 400

• 13-05-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

rite so hopeful ill get the zzr 400 by next week

how much is it do get restricted and wat happens if i dont have it restricted?

does any where do fake restricted certs ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

you can print them yourself but its illegal to drive it and you may aswell not pay insurance as it will be void....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

how can i print them do they not have to be from a shop ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

kevin-46 wrote: »
    rite so hopeful ill get the zzr 400 by next week

how much is it do get restricted and wat happens if i dont have it restricted?

kev46 becomes kev47 ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Wow.

OP just get it restricted. What happens is you're not licensed or insured to ride the bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Just get it restricted, it'll make very little difference on a ZZR400 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

kevin-46 wrote: »
    that's the most childish ridiculous thing I've read on boards in some time, and that's saying something!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Wow.

OP just get it restricted. What happens is you're not licensed or insured to ride the bike.

I agree about the Wow.

However, you're not entirely correct about the latter point.........under law, once a cert is issued you're covered. This has already been through the courts.

The only thing that can be done, in event of a cert being issued on foot of a false proposal, and say, a claim, is that the policy is cancelled. For RTA purposes, the cover is intact.

The recourse that ins co's have is to sue you, and issue Civil proceedings', to recoup any money's they put out.

Either way, you can't be prosecuted for no insurance under the Road Traffic Act.

As for the licence - you could be prosecuted for that by AGC, but there's no connection between having a licence and your insurance. It comes back to declaring your proposal honestly ("in upmost good faith"). Let's say there's no claim involved, and they find out: your policy will be cancelled, and you are without cover. Good luck with finding anyone to give you a new policy, as you'll be on a database amongst ins co's.............

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement