Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question for dublin residents :)

Options
  • 13-05-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

just wondering, going to dublin next week... i could say i know my way around, but only the main areas! but just wondering, where is the Olympia theatre??? As in, what would be the nearest landmark, im thinkin trinity college?
    And, a bit more importantly, is Talbot Place a far walk from the Olympia???
    Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It's a 5 minute walk down Dame Street, starting off on the right-hand side with Bank of Ireland on it. Trinity is at the 'top' of the street, when you walk out the front gate it's the wide street in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭poozers

cool! think i have it in my head now! and is it far from Talbot Place?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

poozers wrote: »
    cool! think i have it in my head now! and is it far from Talbot Place?? :)

about a 15 minute walk, Talbot Place is the far side of the river.

Cross the river at the customs house and keep walking up the quays to either D'Olier St or Westmoreland St, and head up to Trinity from there, then turn right staying on the right hand side of the road and you'll eventually end up at the Olympia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The nearest big landmark would be Dublin Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Quick suggestion OP, find Dame St on Google Maps and then use streetview to 'walk' from the junction of College Green and Dame St towards Dublin Castle and you'll find the Olympia on your right hand side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

Depending on at what day and when you are planning to come to Dublin, these walk could talk much longer, as the Queen will be in the area (visiting Trinity and having Dinner in Dublin Castle).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

mdebets wrote: »
    the Queen will be in the area (visiting Trinity and having Dinner in Dublin Castle).

Which means plenty of friendly Gardai to give directions poozers!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭poozers

thanks for replies! :) ill probably find my way now! i can picture where it is in my head, going on tuesday to see Sufjan Stevens play there! cant wait! hopefully the queen wont overshadow him :D lol

Advertisement