Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramyard Inchicore

Options
  • 13-05-2011 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

My friend and I are thinking about renting a two bed apartment in tramyard. We don't know a lot about the apartments but the rent seems low in comparison to Kilmainham Bank that is just up the road.

Does anyone have any experiences good or bad from Tramyard?

Also does anyone know just how many apartments are in tramyard?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Not going to be much help tbh but the area is a great spot, you've a Tesco, Eurospar, tonne of take aways, couple of pubs (avoid the Village Inn though), a small park just up by The Tramyards, and if you're in by the 22nd May you'll have an Xtravision before it closes.

Think there's a fair few apartments in the Tramyard, not sure how many.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭mvt

Think Kilmainham Bank woudd be a quieter place to live because of its location and think it also has a much higher % of owner- occupiers.I have friends who live there and they are happy with it.
    Dont know too much about the Tramyard,heard it is ok and the area itself is grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I had two friends rent there for ages and I know an owner and they all liked it - central and convenient and their apartments were nice and sizeable. Pubs are a bit shit in Inchicore (imo) but you are right near town and there is lots of amenities - nice cafe, shops, transport (Bus and Luas) etc.

The only downside for them was there seemed to be a pretty high rate of break in to cars in the underground carpark when they were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I lived there for a year, and liked it for the most part.

Good points - It's a great location. Bus, Luas, Tesco, Spar, pub & takeaway's are all within a minutes walk. It's a 30 minute walk to town too, and and easy cycle. The apartments themselves (from seeing my own and a few friends/neighbours) are quite nice. There is (or was) usually a security guard on at night, and the building manager was always doing his rounds. He always made sure the place looked well too, and had no problems making sure people kept the noise down, etc.

Bad points - The walls are pretty damn thin. Like, really thin. The area is grand for the most part, but you'd often find junkies trying to get in to the complex at night, which can be a bit disconcerting. There's often a few kids from up the road trying to get in too. The clampers are the biggest problem. We'd often gotten clamped for absolutely no reason, and we'd often had our space taken by someone else, but they were never clamped. Make sure you get a huge supply of visitor car park passes, I ended up having to scan and print more out.

Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 han68

I have been living there as well for about a year, although this was some time ago.
    Have to agree with previous poster regarding the walls, they are pretty thin.. The "secure" car park was not very secure at that time. My own car got broken into and I have seen an audi standing on bricks ;-) Several other people complained about car break ins as well at that time. It might have improved though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stevensi

Not going to be much help tbh but the area is a great spot, you've a Tesco, Eurospar, tonne of take aways, couple of pubs (avoid the Village Inn though), a small park just up by The Tramyards, and if you're in by the 22nd May you'll have an Xtravision before it closes.

Think there's a fair few apartments in the Tramyard, not sure how many.

I'd agree with Gavin. Area is fine, close to the city, phoenix park and thw war memorial garden. I would also agree ith avoiding the Village Inn as well. Recently painted and looks good from the outside but not so nice inside!
    Really disappointed to hear that the Xtra Vision is closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

stevensi wrote: »
    I'd agree with Gavin. Area is fine, close to the city, phoenix park and thw war memorial garden. I would also agree ith avoiding the Village Inn as well. Recently painted and looks good from the outside but not so nice inside!
    Really disappointed to hear that the Xtra Vision is closing down

On a side note though, I only found out recently that the Village Inn has poker tournaments and stuff on during the week which is pretty decent.

You're not the only one disappointed that it's closing, having to tell all the customers yesterday that we're going and that they've to travel a fair distance to their nearest one. Nearly everyone one of the customers asked were we being re-located though, which was nice that they cared.

Advertisement