Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lxxxxx-x roads in Cork

• 13-05-2011 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    been doing a bit of touring around and noticed a lot of L roads with strange sequences in Cork. Saw plenty of roads with (eg) L12345-9 formats. The suffixes ranged from 1 to 9. What is the story with these then?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

From memory the -x suffices are used when there are lots of dead ending stubs off another road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

As MYOB said the 5 digit ones are small stubs off a bigger L-road(4 digits) except that other counties don't bother with the hyphen.

Can't recall seeing any going as far as 9, usually it's 1 or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've seen a 7 digit (5-2) in Galway somewhere, was a -11 sub of a 5 digit road to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Regarding 6 digit road numbers, I'd imagine if every road is to get a number, you'll hit the 99000 limit of 5 digit L numbers; but I can't see there being almost a million unique roads needing the seventh digit.
    I suppose the 6&7th digits are sub roads off a 5 road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Regarding 6 digit road numbers, I'd imagine if every road is to get a number, you'll hit the 99000 limit of 5 digit L numbers; but I can't see there being almost a million unique roads needing the seventh digit.
    I suppose the 6&7th digits are sub roads off a 5 road?
    isnt the numbering per county though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

isnt the numbering per county though?

I think it is in the sense that the number changes at the county boundary. but each road nationally has its own number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

nordydan wrote: »
    I think it is in the sense that the number changes at the county boundary. but each road nationally has its own number

If only there was some way of diagramatically showing the road numbers geographically...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

How do these L numbers fit in with the LPxxxx, LSxxxx and LTxxxx numbers one sometimes saw published? (I believe these stand for Local Primary, Secondary and Tertiary).

Do we know that they are different per county, or using this tree/branch method people seem to be describing can you allocate enough 4 digit "major local roads" nationally to have 5 digits ones off them, 6 digits off those, then seven digits and so on?

Advertisement