Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa in Mullingar

Options
  • 13-05-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi Guys, For anyone who may be interested, Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa are part of a John Aldridge Legends XI to play against a Mullingar Athletic F.C XI in Gainstown, Mullingar tomorrow Sat May 14th and k.o is at 12.30pm. The game is for a good cause to raise funds for Autism Action Ireland. Other legends include John Aldridge, Jason McAteer, Gary Gillespie, Clayton Blackmore and Keith Gillespie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I would love to see that game but to far away for me to attend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭van der vart

short notice, if i knew during the week would have been there, remember seeing them play in Dalymount, long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

short notice, if i knew during the week would have been there, remember seeing them play in Dalymount, long time ago

Sorry about the short notice, but they were both late additions to the legends team and I only found out myself earlier today that they were both coming over. There are also rumors that Les Ferdinand may also be in the squad but I can`t confirm that he is also here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭van der vart

Sorry about the short notice, but they were both late additions to the legends team and I only found out myself earlier today that they were both coming over. There are also rumors that Les Ferdinand may also be in the squad but I can`t confirm that he is also here.

Cheers, enjoy your day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Let us know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DamienKilmurray

tippspur wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes.

The game went really well on Saturday, there was a large crowd in attendance even though the weather was awful. The Legends XI was John Aldridge, Jason McAteer, Don Hutchinson, Gary Gillespie, Rob Jones, Keith Gillespie, Tommy Johnston, Clayton Blackmore, Lee Martin, Paul Telfar, Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa. the legends ran out 5-3 winners with Keith Gillespie grabbing a superb hatrick. Ricky Villa played the full 90 minutes and had a really good game in centre midfield and showed some great touches. Ossie started on the bench and came on in the second half for about 10 minutes before going off again. I got my `81 F.A Cup final programme signed by both Ossie and Ricky so that was great, and it was exactly 30 years to the day that Ricky Villa scored that famous goal in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

I found out about this on Sunday morning when I was down home and decided to have a quick read of the Westmeath Examiner that was lying around. :(
    My sister had read about it but "forgotten" to tell me! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Great game, Mullingar went 3-0 up but the veterans made it 5-3 by the end, Gillespie getting a hat-trick and goal of the game with a lovely lofted chip over the keeper.

Met Ossie and Ricky briefly before the game, then got some photos with them in the Greville Arms, where they retired to watch the Cup Final.

Didn't realise how many Spurs fans there were, out in force!

Advertisement