Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COD mw3 huge leak. Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Trolling the CoD players?

Edit: links corrected now, but this came up hours ago on the MW3 thread in the CoD forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spear wrote: »
    Trolling the CoD players?

Sorry no, iPhone copy paste was gay. Fixed now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry no, iPhone copy paste was gay. Fixed now

Still gay, "link" is broken...:rolleyes:

F1ngers wrote: »
    Still gay, "link" is broken...:rolleyes:

Omg I hate iPhone. Spell checker is the most annoying thing in the world! Can't even copy paste!

Looks like it giving me mobile link. We got 2 mods looking at it, so maybe you can fix it? I am not near pc to do that. Sorry, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Just get rid of the m at the start, works fine

I'll have a read over it but didnt like MW2 and didnt bother with Black Ops so doubt I'll be getting it anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Looks like it giving me mobile link. We got 2 mods looking at it, so maybe you can fix it? I am not near pc to do that. Sorry, thanks.

F1ngers and I aren't mods of the games section, nothing we can do.

But the corrected link works fine, albeit as the mobile edition.

You probably want:

http://uk.kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern-warfare-3-files-exclusive-first-details-on-the-biggest-game-of-2011

and the denial/confirmation:

http://uk.kotaku.com/5801682/some-info-in-modern-warfare-3-leak-still-accurate-some-not-infinity-ward-says

F1ngers and I aren't mods of the games section, nothing we can do.

But the corrected link works fine, albeit as the mobile edition.

You probably want:

http://uk.kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern-warfare-3-files-exclusive-first-details-on-the-biggest-game-of-2011

and the denial/confirmation:

http://uk.kotaku.com/5801682/some-info-in-modern-warfare-3-leak-still-accurate-some-not-infinity-ward-says

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Intentional leak to try and combat EA's more aggressive marketing campaign for Battlefield 3????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Intentional leak to try and combat EA's more aggressive marketing campaign for Battlefield 3????
    I would say yes, BF3 have been getting a lot of press lately, intentional leak imo just to take the eyes off EA for awhile.
    Cod really can't compete gameplay wise to BF3, Cod needs to get the finger out and put some physics into the game, MW1 was great but the game hasn't advanced since then just an old rehash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Dear lord, those screenshots looks terrible... They really need a new engine. I'll be getting BF3 first anyway, if i get MW3 at all.

Dear lord, those screenshots looks terrible... They really need a new engine. I'll be getting BF3 first anyway, if i get MW3 at all.

A few shots had very low details on furniture. Would they be real time engine screens? I found it very very weird, they can't be in final product surely.

Very similar story as homefront I guess, but instead of Koreans it's Russians. I love how Russians always evil hehe.

It's a 12 year old engine, I can only presume and hope that MW3 is it's last gasp.

It's a 12 year old engine, I can only presume and hope that MW3 is it's last gasp.

I did not read much about it, but are they really using same engine?! Or that's just a guess?

I did not read much about it, but are they really using same engine?! Or that's just a guess?

They said a few months back that it would be same engine, claiming a new one would be "counter productive" according Robert Bowling, the IW strategist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No its not, they made their own engine at least 5 games ago :pac:

Original engine is Quake 3.

They said a few months back that it would be same engine, claiming a new one would be "counter productive" according Robert Bowling, the IW strategist.

Cheers. Well I presume they will try to upgrade it atleast. So pretty much heavy machinery is out of question then, as there were not much of it in previuos games.

So plan is to make a monthly sub on a fps game based on old engine?

dreamers75 wrote: »

The underlying basis of the engine is still idTech 3.

The underlying basis of the engine is still idTech 3.

Entire game is built on it but they made Radiosity work 100% in the engine :eek:

Bless them :pac:

dreamers75 wrote: »

I gated quake 3 engine when it came out. They tried to use it for slow style fps and it was horrible choose. That engine was good for game like q3, but they used it for everything after that.

So did cod engine evolved from q3 so?

• Advertisement

I gated quake 3 engine when it came out. They tried to use it for slow style fps and it was horrible choose. That engine was good for game like q3, but they used it for everything after that.

So did cod engine evolved from q3 so?

Yes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Very uninterested in CoD these days. CoD 1 & 2 were great, MW1 had great moments but issues, MW2 the same and BO sucked.

The innovation the series was famous for seems to be gone, and not just because of the team leaving Activision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

special ops was terrible and cant hold a candle to zombies they need to step that up.

the multilayer has to have more options for clans, at the moment its just a name that means nothing. they need to bring in clan vs clan games and have a ranking system and where you can recruit players for your clans like EA have done for fifa with clubs and fight night with the gym.

also better customisaton for your character,guns and class's, one thing i hope they dont bring back is your killstreak reward kills counting for your actual kill streak record i.e mw2 9 kill straek pavelow time go hide in a corner and watch the kills go up, black ops made you work for it more.

also an option to create your own map for multiplayer even just private games would be class, but thats asking to much of activision and they are a lazy ass company.

in all im looking foward to it all the same though, but i dont want another mw1 with different maps if you know what i mean.

arguably mw1 is the better out of mw2 and black ops because the games have showed 0 per cent progression since mw1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

Whats with all the anti cod/battlefield geeks on here, if you dont like it then stop spamming these threads.

Predator_ wrote: »
    Whats with all the anti cod/battlefield geeks on here, if you dont like it then stop spamming these threads.

It's called a discussion. Welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Predator_ wrote: »
    Yeah damn us geeks playing video games......

I really hope the irony is not lost on you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I love how all the screeshots from the US everything is draped in the stars and stripes, and not a flag to be seen in any of the other cities. I really don't think I can stomach anymore of the US flag waving puke. Although it is good they're putting in some major Euro cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

10 years ago I was playing in clanned matches and leagues in various FPS games, it was extremely fun and also extremely addictive

If they can get a system into the new COD game that really makes the whole clan/league/tourney thing easy and accessible to the hordes of sweaty 16 yr olds on consoles, they'll be onto a real winner

They can release the exact same game as MW2 with new maps and the horde will buy it anyway. Oh wait... they ARE doing that and have been for the last 4 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

They can release the exact same game as MW2 with new maps and the horde will buy it anyway. Oh wait... they ARE doing that and have been for the last 4 years.

Still miles better than battlefield, that game is rubbish

Advertisement