Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Lucan to Tallaght...?

• 13-05-2011 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I just got a new job :) However it's based in Lucan, and I'm currently in Tallaght!

I'll be getting a car ASAP (next couple of weeks I would hope), but I start on Monday so in the meantime I need to figure out a way to get from Tallaght (village area, or the Square) to Lucan (town, pretty much Main Street)!

Any of ye got any suggestions? :o I can't seem to find any buses that go between the two.

15-20 mins walk would be okay, and worst case scenario I guess 2 buses would have to do.

Cheers guys

Comments

The only option seems to be one of the 76's from the Square to Coldcut Road. Walk through Liffey Valley to the N4 then get one of the following from there, 25 66 66a 66b 67

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

yeah you would probably need to go via liffey valley SC- theres nothing direct to Lucan village afaik.
    From here all buses above go to Lucan. You could also try no.210 bus. also I think a private air bus connects the Square to Airport via LV but would be expensive.
    Failing that Luas from Square to Heuston then 25/66/67 from Parkgate St to Lucan :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

210 comes like 3 times a day.

airbus is €5 but they have lots of departures and is very quick to get places !

76 is unreliable !

Luas or bus to town and jump on a 66/25 or something as soon as you can ..

try get a car ! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Id say your best bet would be to cycle to lucan going on the R136 (ring road) from tallaght straight through to lucan. Id rather that than taking the bus walking etc, cycling be the quicker option.

Either that or try get a lift into work for the first week or so till you get a car.

If you are planning on taking the bus or however you are going to travel, watch for the updates re the queens visit. Signs saying there is no access to the city via the N4 so bus routes could be affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I do this journey every day. Get the Luas to Hueston Station. Then get a bus out to Lucan 66, 67 or 25. Most days it takes about an hour to do the journey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Lumbo wrote: »
    I do this journey every day. Get the Luas to Hueston Station. Then get a bus out to Lucan 66, 67 or 25. Most days it takes about an hour to do the journey.
    That's mad, it's such a roundabout route! The transport links out here are shockingly bad.

phasers wrote: »
    That's mad, it's such a roundabout route! The transport links out here are shockingly bad.

I could get the 76 to Chapelizod but the kids smoking hash on board the bus in the mornings wrecks my head.

Years ago they had a bus which went between Lucan and Tallaght (the 74) but there wasn't that much demand for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Any chance of you cycling, getting a moped or motorbike, or indeed, driving? With the new outer ring road open you'd get from the square to Lucan village in about 20 minutes by car.

unkel wrote: »
    Any chance of you cycling, getting a moped or motorbike, or indeed, driving? With the new outer ring road open you'd get from the square to Lucan village in about 20 minutes by car.

Will probably learn to drive later this year but like using Public Transport to get to work. Don't have the money for a car at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Thanks guys!

In the end I just borrow the oul wan's car :D She only works locally so she can easily get lifts to/from work for the few days she's working this week. She's away next week, so it's all good, and hopefully I'll have my own motor by week 3.

Cheers for the suggestions!

Dave! wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

In the end I just borrow the oul wan's car :D She only works locally so she can easily get lifts to/from work for the few days she's working this week. She's away next week, so it's all good, and hopefully I'll have my own motor by week 3.

Cheers for the suggestions!

good luck with the job !

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Lumbo wrote: »
    I could get the 76 to Chapelizod but the kids smoking hash on board the bus in the mornings wrecks my head.

Years ago they had a bus which went between Lucan and Tallaght (the 74) but there wasn't that much demand for it.

Kids smoking hash on the bus in the mornings and being let away with it? thats a bit mad, ask them for a drag sure :pac:

Laisurg wrote: »
    Kids smoking hash on the bus in the mornings and being let away with it? thats a bit mad, ask them for a drag sure :pac:

they all get away with it no problems.... you dont need to ask them for any cos you got a lot of it second hand anyway !

hence why i have started cycling to work now !

Advertisement