Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maze Prison

Options
  • 13-05-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me the exact location of the Maze Prison? Google isn't helping much! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

PaulieG wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the exact location of the Maze Prison? Google isn't helping much! Thanks.

Do you need the address or are you trying to drive there?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Thanks for the replies. I'm driving up to Belfast from the south. Is it worth stopping for a photo or two or should I just keep driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

PaulieG wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I'm driving up to Belfast from the south. Is it worth stopping for a photo or two or should I just keep driving?

I have no idea to be honest. If you want directions, go to Google maps. Type your location and then get directions to Maze :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Not sure but think it might be all fenced off tbh. Could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 POCKET.ROCKET.

Not exactly anything left to see. All the buildings, apart from one H block have been flattened. The remaining H block is located in the furthest away corner of the site.

There are currently two enterences on the Halftown Road. If you are heading from the Hillsborough direction, the first enterence is the contractors entrance and a few hundred yards down is the main entrance, which has been 'landscaped' and I use that term loosely.

Directions - from Newry - Belfast, at Hillsborough Roundabout, take the first left after roundabout onto the Harry's Road. At cross-roads, take right onto the Halftown Road, and the Maze prison is just over the Motorway bridge on your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭PaulieG

Thanks! I had no idea it was nearly all flattened. I probably won't bother then as the wife will be with me and has absolutely no interest whatsoever in such things.

Advertisement