Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of taking a year off from work

Options
  • 13-05-2011 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im thinking of taking a year off from work to go back to full time education at cit. My employer says i can have the time off but wont get paid for it, my question is will i be able to get a grant or any other allowance ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Im thinking of taking a year off from work to go back to full time education at cit. My employer says i can have the time off but wont get paid for it, my question is will i be able to get a grant or any other allowance ?

I actually don't think so. You can't draw JB/JA obviously as you are still technically employed. You also can't get BTEA as you also need a minimum of 9 months JA/JB. You may be better off doing it part time/night classes?

Advertisement