Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turning site into a lawn

Options
  • 13-05-2011 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

What exactly is involved in turning an uneven site with lots of rocks and weeds into a lawn.
    And how much should it cost for say one third of an acre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,314 ✭✭✭secman

My local friendly farmer sprayed mine ,then offered to turn it over and rotovated it. He then bought seed and got 2 local lads to rake and stone it and sowed the grass seed. It only cost me for 2 sacks of seed and €300 labour for the couple of lads for 2 days work. He would n't take a penny for his machine or time ! Pure gentleman. It 3/4 of an acre site. Hopefully you can get an equally neighbourly neighbour !

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Sounds good advice if you can get someone to do it. Pick as much of the stones as possible and you may have to do this a few times as the keep appearing. Then rake the soil and level it as much as you can. The easy part is sprinkling the seed. Buy it in bulk and dont worry too much about the quality of the seed. The orginal grass will come through eventually. :D It's really very straight forward and other than the hard graft you really can't make much mistakes.:D

Advertisement