Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

unscrupulous sellers

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

TNTQ wrote: »
    Quality Airsoft Supplies

are now offering professional

Trepanning Services
    220px-Plate_20_6_20_extract_300px.jpeg

Due to the fact that drilling AEGs does no damage whatsoever we have decided to start drilling airsofters heads.

Trepanation is purported to favorably alter movement of blood through the brain improving brain function which is more important than ever in an ever changing world. In some cases it can lead to increased psychic powers.

Want to become a better Airsofter?

LET US DRILL A HOLE IN YOUR HEAD AND UNLEASH YOUR PSYCHIC POWERS....................................

Prices start at E299.99 - Team Discounts available
    Customer Testimonial: Michal Okrajek
    mike.jpg

"I've had a trepan hole in my head for years now and it's done me no harm. It increased my IQ from 57 to 37"

Please be aware

Other side effects include.........
    • Enhanced Bull**** detection
    • Telekinesis - "Never Get Hit Again"
    • Control of local weather system
    • Improved Boards performance
    • Enhanced Sarcasm detection
    • Increased Gaydar performance
    • Telepathy - "no need for comms"
    *Disclaimer - This may are may not be true. In the unlikely event of death during the procedure, QAS will deny all knowledge of your existance.

Flawed - That head clearly has no body........What use is all that extra mental power, if you can't run around going "bang, bang" :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Decoy wrote: »
    Just so I'm clear on the matter, would you also consider the product reviews we have done for Eirsoft, GoTactical, TheCamoShop, HobbyAirsoft & AirsoftEire as shilling or is it only the reviews of MIA-supplied products that are an issue?

Were the pistol & sling I gave away to junior airsofters @ Red Barn last Sunday also tainted as shilling, should I not have bothered trying to encourage juniors to play airsoft in the right spirit?

I dunno. Whichever's funnier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

sci-ops wrote: »
    Flawed - That head clearly has no body........What use is all that extra mental power, if you can't run around going "bang, bang" :(:(

Is that facial expression a side effect ? Its kind of halfway between curiosity and despair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

I agree - flawed - if we drilled a hole in your head the only thing that would happen is that you'd make a whistle noice as you ran....:pac:

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Is that facial expression a side effect ? Its kind of halfway between curiosity and despair.

It's his "I dun good, did I do good?" face.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

TNTQ wrote: »
    It's his "I dun good, did I do good?" face.......

He looks like he was caught doing something he shouldn't have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Na man they make you go faster, as proven in Figure 1.0 below ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQV0sze_J1QBduZmwXYdERtUUVr45KVSJAk389nPHBb4YvMALQ6jA&t=1
    Figure 1.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭sci-ops

On a serious note.......

Just reading over the posts....and I've noticed soemthing which makes me ask the following - Second hand sales from a Retailer, what can we & should expect??

Here's what I'm asking - Retailer takes in a used rifle as a trade. Makes sure it is firing and below 1Joule.....grand

Case in point - OP's aeg. Firing correctly, and below 1 joule.

Should we expect the Retailer to be doing more than that?? I would imagine there is little profit as it is in the acceptance of a 2nd hand rifle against a purchase.

Should the Retailer be expected to open up the aeg, make sure everything is as it should be (or at least desired to be?) before selling on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

having worked as a shop tech. Yeah. If i accepted a trade, or do now as a private player with a purchace or trade, i check inside. you dont buy a car just looking at the outside do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Although it'll cost the retailer money for time to inspect the gun and therefore presumably mean the seller gets less for it, we've seen here that it's the retailer's name on the line when the retailer stocks a product. They're taking a hell of a chance with their reputation if they don't know what the pre-owned gun on their shelf is like.

• Advertisement

I have seen retailers in Eire and the Uk sell second hand guns as 'no warranty, take your chance' type purchaces, but people are still going to blame the retailer.... its in thier interest to see that its atleast going to last a reasonable period. Ones reputation is going to be worth perhaps a half hour of a techs time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

On a serious note.......

Just reading over the posts....and I've noticed soemthing which makes me ask the following - Second hand sales from a Retailer, what can we & should expect??

Here's what I'm asking - Retailer takes in a used rifle as a trade. Makes sure it is firing and below 1Joule.....grand

Should we expect the Retailer to be doing more than that?? I would imagine there is little profit as it is in the acceptance of a 2nd hand rifle against a purchase.

Should the Retailer be expected to open up the aeg, make sure everything is as it should be (or at least desired to be?) before selling on?

Thats why I never got into it, despite being asked a few times a week.

Theres no profit in it. Even when I sell off ex-display stuff, I make it abundantly clear theres no warranty at all. Doesnt stop some people coming back with it looking for it to be fixed or replaced.

I had one joker buy an ex-display gun a few months ago, then bring it back claiming he bought it new and wanted his €220 back :)

On a serious note.......

From our point of view. There's 2 types of 2nd hand/pre-loved sales.
    1. Sold as seen - Normally a low-end or older AEG. It is tested as to it's power and basic operation, a reasonable price is put on it and its let on with no warranty. (obviously barring anything catastrophic on receiving it.)
    2. Customised - Normally a decent AEG. Replacement of, or upgrading of nearly everything (Gears, Motor, Bushings, Spring, Barrel, Hop, etc). A price is put on it and it is sold with the samewarrenty and service as we give for new aegs (because apart from the body, thats more or less what it is)
    The second option is the one we normally take as most guys in Ireland arent really prepared to pay the price that would be involved for us to sometimes buy 2 AEGs to make one and uses neither gearbox :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Lads just to update on our drilling issues.
    In short , they're sorted:)
    For anyone who doesn't know we are the agents for Cybergun in Ireland.As of next week, they have agreed, that ALL our rifles will be shipped to us with no spring, thereby allowing them to enter the country legally.We will then fit the appropriate spring when the rifles arrive.
    When our present stock is sold all our rifles will be downgraded by spring change only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

gerrowadat wrote: »
    I dunno. Whichever's funnier.

I should have known not to expect a serious answer to a genuine question.

You and some of the other contributors to this thread are among the most experienced airsofters in Ireland. You've been involved with the IAA. Along with other players who are relatively new to airsoft I would have expected you to set an example for others to follow, yet here on boards your input often consists of derision & contempt towards others. If that's what gets you through the day fair enough but whether or not you agree with the way we do it why knock other people who are only trying to promote airsoft, isn't that what you did when you were with the IAA?

Lets be fair, far more prominent (and thus more influential) posters have had a far worse impact on the thread without Gerrout making a joke once his serious point was rubbished... Whats the point in him remaining serious in the face of 'lalalalalala not listening'.

I think its time we all grow up and remember we're adults with toy guns, and put the schoolyard bull**** back in the box. Funny as the degredation was, serious points were raised and answered Now the story is at its end. dollies back in prams and whatnot.... eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You and some of the other contributors to this thread are among the most experienced airsofters in Ireland. You've been involved with the IAA. Along with other players who are relatively new to airsoft I would have expected you to set an example for others to follow, yet here on boards your input often consists of derision & contempt towards others. If that's what gets you through the day fair enough but whether or not you agree with the way we do it why knock other people who are only trying to promote airsoft, isn't that what you did when you were with the IAA?

I dont want to speak up on G's behalf, but what I would say is I was very much witness to the absolute sweat blood and tears that went into it.

And i'd say with the crap thats gone on in the last 12-24 months, I wouldnt be suprised that he takes the piss around ehre and within airsoft, because the games pretty much taking the piss of itself more often then not with the ****e that goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I'm not denying anyone is or isn't doing good for selling a bunch of airsoft kit, or airsoft itself, or whatever it is they do it for. I've never denied that Oddy's videos have done some good for the sport, since it's good work, and fair ****s to anyone who's willing to put work in.

However, I do exhibit derision and contempt toward people, when it's warranted. In this particular case, Oddy's made it clear he'll shill anything he's given for free, which is fair enough, but it doesn't mean I have to join in the circlejerk. I've done my bit, and continue to do my bit for Airsoft in my own way, which doesn't mean I have to get in line to crow about how airsoft is the real winner and WELL DONE to businesses that get people to advertise for them for free.

MIA have a history of buying people's loyalty with free **** and Google ads, when other businesses actually provide a good service and maintain a customer base based off that. They're the crazy prices of irish airsoft, which is fine if you want to buy what they're selling and take your chances, until eventually they **** you. All I can say is don't come crying to anyone here once they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Locked pending review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement