Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fastest mobile broadband vodafone or o2?

• 13-05-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

hey lads just wondering which of these mobile broadbands are faster im with 3 currently but for some reason(they say its maintainance on site but its been goin on for nearly 3 weeks so they dont have a clue) my broadband has slowed down to 0.10 down and 0.01 up so need to switch for a while for xbox live. is there any difference in speed cause i cant find anything on any of the sites to say what up and down speed you will be getting. i have full coverage for both just want to know which is the fastest or even if there is a difference?

thanks jj

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

this will get bumped to the midband section

none of them will be great for xbox live. if you've got meteor coverage, i'd give that a try - best of the bunch in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

lol forgot all about meteor nice one mate ill give a look at their site.

sorry mods never even looked at the midband section

would still like to know rough speeds people are getting with either vodafone meteor or o2 thanks jj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

johnjoe96 wrote: »
    would still like to know rough speeds people are getting with either vodafone meteor or o2 thanks jj

Speeds with mobile midband go anywhere from 0.10mbps-10mbps (saw 9.50mbps from one guy using meteor in midband speedtest thread)

Lots of factors come into play using dongles, usually congestion and cell overcrowding are the main factors in slow speeds. The only way you could evaluate the speeds is to try out the different providers and see if there is a 14day return policy. If you are looking into meteor give them a call on the phone and they will tell you if you are in a good area to receive their service, If you are not in an area covered (only 2g or edge for example)they will tell you to shop else where which in fairness is very honest of them.

Im with three and only getting 0.10mbps for up to 10hrs a day, Some people have good speeds from them but others like you and I have nothing but trouble, they are playing the "mast is being investigated/upgraded" card on me for the past 12months and I doubt it will ever improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

LaVail wrote: »
    Speeds with mobile midband go anywhere from 0.10mbps-10mbps (saw 9.50mbps from one guy using meteor in midband speedtest thread)

Lots of factors come into play using dongles, usually congestion and cell overcrowding are the main factors in slow speeds. The only way you could evaluate the speeds is to try out the different providers and see if there is a 14day return policy. If you are looking into meteor give them a call on the phone and they will tell you if you are in a good area to receive their service, If you are not in an area covered (only 2g or edge for example)they will tell you to shop else where which in fairness is very honest of them.

Im with three and only getting 0.10mbps for up to 10hrs a day, Some people have good speeds from them but others like you and I have nothing but trouble, they are playing the "mast is being investigated/upgraded" card on me for the past 12months and I doubt it will ever improve.

mine was fine untill now so i got the o2 one today and getting 6mb down and 1.25 up how long that will last i dont know. but i did find out that the router i bought from 3 was not locked lol so i have my o2 one in there now delighted

Advertisement