Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat collars: Where to get 'decent' ones?

• 13-05-2011 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Looking to replace the well worn collars on my indoor cats. Can't seem to find a collar with a slight stretch that is also 'snap free'.

Any pet shop I've gone into just sold really cheap collars that a cat couldn't get free from if it got caught up in something. My two tear after each other like mad things so I'm looking for safe collars for them to wear.

Got the ones they're wearing in Sainsburys, but they don't seem to sell them anymore.

Any help? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Hi,

Check out this site www.blingpetcollars.com

I bought a few cat collars for friends' cats and they would recommend them, and the owners of the site keep indoor cats also, so I think they'll probably have what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I find ancol ones really good, they don't have the elastic stretch on them but they do have a buckle which snaps free when any pressure is put on it. They snap away really easy so if your cat is an outdoor cat expect to lose quite a few of them but with indoor cats they are grand, you might just find them around the house a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I get the ancol collars in Petworld, my cat keeps losing his whenever he runs in under the bushes so they definitely snap off easily when they have to!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

oh for me this quest is like the holy grail! my two boys are mostly indoor, but also head out early evening, they too playfight somthing terrible so we go through collars like crazy. im not keen on the breakaway buckle, though some pet shops will only stock them as they say there are now supposed to be on all collars.

i usually go for a fully elasticated strap with a proper buckle, then as an added percaution i make a 'sleeve' to go over this from an old HiViz jacket, as this gives a tiny bit of protection if they go on the road. (it also helps me find them when they hide in the ditch and i shine the torch looking for them!) the fully elasticated ones i got in a local shop but i have also bought a few of them on ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lily4

Try kittycollars.co.uk. They have a great selection of safety collars for cats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Ordered 2 Ancol collars on Ebay. Didn't seem to have them on Petworld's site.
    lily4 wrote: »
    Try kittycollars.co.uk. They have a great selection of safety collars for cats smile.gif

I like the personalised collars on Kittycollar's site. Might just order 2 of them as well (I'd already ordered the other ones) and see which are best.

Thanks all! :cool:

Advertisement