Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kylemore bakery - nostalgia thread

Options
  • 13-05-2011 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I used to love Kylemore baked bread and cakes.
    There used to have a small shop, tiny shop, at the entrance to the Ilac Centre on Henry St. back in the early 90s. They used to do the most amazzzzing Danish pastries with lots of icing on them. I havent tasted ones that have come close since.They just melted in your mouth. Not to mention the apple squares and cream doughnuts.

And, they used to do lovely Vienna Roll too.

Anyone remember that shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Only talking about Kylemore danish the other day - there was a faint taste of almond off them. Used to buy some in the Talbot Street shop on my way home from town on Saturdays! nom nom! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Kylemore was all over Galway when I moved here in 1995, fell in love with their pineapple melbas, a kind of pineapple bakewell. They were fab.
    Alas, it went really downhill until it closed in the early 00 s.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭antoswords

I used to love Kylemore baked bread and cakes.
    There used to have a small shop, tiny shop, at the entrance to the Ilac Centre on Henry St. back in the early 90s. They used to do the most amazzzzing Danish pastries with lots of icing on them. I havent tasted ones that have come close since.They just melted in your mouth. Not to mention the apple squares and cream doughnuts.

And, they used to do lovely Vienna Roll too.

Anyone remember that shop?

Ah, i remember it well, used to go there a couple of days a week when i worked just around the corner. I agree with you when you say you haven't tasted ones like them since, neither have i! Remember the Double Danish!!!

Advertisement