Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1" threadless 700c disc forks?????

• 14-05-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

have been planning to put a disc brake onto my fuji track but have been finding it impossible to source the right parts..so if anybody can source any or maybe point ut any possibe issues with the whole idea that'd be handy..

the 1" threadless 700c disc forks seem pretty hard to find????? but this is what i have found so far http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=6995&category=

the other thing i wanted to do was to run the brake cable through the head tube like a bmx but ive found it totally impossible to find the star nut to do this in 1" like this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=23953

who those of you'se who are wondering why i want to this ths its to do tricks,yes tricks on my fuji...apoligies to all who are offended by the idea of that.. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

I'd drop into On Track on Cook St -they'll let you know what's possible/feasible

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭fixie

ye i was talking to eoin about it for ages the other day but sourcing the parts is the main problem..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Hmm,what a pickle,as I see it you have two options,get a fork made theres lots of places in the uk that will make bespoke forks or mess around with headsets,ive heard of something called a mixed breed headset but never seen one so they could be a myth,they let you use a 11/8" steerer tube in a 1" head tube!people have also mixed headsets them selves it involves buying both size headsets and filling the cups with loose bearings instead of caged,its supposed to work well but the quality of headset wouldnt be great!i know I mixed two shimano stx cartridge headsets years ago for some reason but I cant remember the reason,it worked out pretty well though,as for the 1" hollow SFN they are no problem to get its the forks thats the hard part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

The fork you link to above seems to be widely available online - I don't see any other options cropping up.

The star nut isn't an issue - they all have a hole in the middle. Just run it without a top-cap.

I'm not familiar with the geometry of your bike, but there's a possibility the above fork will let the front wheel hit off your downtube/feet while doing mad barspinzzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Thatll learn me not to look at links before I reply!! Didnt realise youd found a fork,the headset thing would be much more fun though and youd have a bigger choice of forks:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭fixie

thanks for the replies,

Morgan:"I'm not familiar with the geometry of your bike, but there's a possibility the above fork will let the front wheel hit off your downtube/feet while doing mad barspinzzz."

took the brake off today and did some tricks and unfortuanitly there is a bit of crank/toe overlap but that can be easily fixed by building a 650c wheel which i might end up doing..the whole idea is'nt just so i can spin my handle bars, just for something different and to make tricks handier safer..a bit,sorta :S

Advertisement