Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving without due care and attention

• 14-05-2011 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi i was driving today on a meath by-pass in my van it was raining hail and just being very carfull off everything going on in front of me i looked into my rear mirror and seen flashing lights so i pulled into the slow lane he moved in behind me so i knew he was pulling me over.

I pulled in and he jump out and said why didn't i move out of his way when i seen him i explained the weather (rain & Hail) was very bad as he was standing in it. He said he was doing me for driving without due care and attention 2 points + fine.

The thing is he never had his sirens on as i would of heard them or my mate would have. We didn't even have the radio on. He said he was on an emergency call and we slowed him down. I said sorry etc.

He then left in his jeep and proceeded to the toll bridge witch he didn't put back on his lights and queued to go through the toll i went through the esaypass fast lane. once he was out on the other side of the toll he flew passed us doing 150+ still with no lights or sirens on.

Do you think its worth to go to court over this.?

Im a safe driver and was only paying twice as much attention beacause of the bad rain/hail.

Thanks
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

why were you driving in the overtaking lane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Beano wrote: »

+1 to this. There is no such thing as a slow lane in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

I was driving in the fast lane with all the other 20 cars in front and around me. The traffic was very heavy. So do you think its worth going to court about it or just take the bullet ??

Beano wrote: »

Not everyone uses this lane as just the overtaking lane when traffic is heavy. Weather was very bad everyone was giving them selfs plenty of space

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭angeline

There is no such thing as a fast lane. The outer lane is for overtaking only. You then move straight back in to the left lane.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

TonyFella wrote: »
    So do you think its worth going to court about it or just take the bullet ??
    Please bear in mind that we don't give legal advice on the forum. Cheers.

Jesus forget about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

TonyFella wrote: »
    Jesus forget about it.

As you wish.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement