Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need Some advise about a deposit

Options
  • 13-05-2011 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello Guys,

I recently gave a deposit of 700 to the landlord I was suppose to move. Now I meet her in town to make sure she was ok with rent allowance and she said she had the previous tenant in the same situation. So I gave her the deposit I GOT THE rECEIPT. WE VERBALLY agree to meet next tuesday sign the contract and so move in that day. I went to the welfare office to get papers done but the flat was to high for me to get rent allowance (max 122xweek\529 per minth) I was not aware about that and the flat was 700 hundred. So i phone the landlord expaining that there was a misuderstanding between us and that I couln't take the appartament so I JUST ASK about the deposit and she hung up. I TRY TWICE to reach her and she is not getting back to me. NOW how i should act with thi situation'?
    thanks to have time have a look at it
    MICAL

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

tbh if you were planning on applying for ra you really should have checked the info before looking at places let alone agreeing to one. Afaik the deposit is there as security in case any damages occur, as you were never in the flat i'd think you should get it back...but thats only my view. i don't know if it can be seen as a holding deposit. tbh i would ring threshold

• Registered Users Posts: 78,394 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Agreed. www.threshold.ie

You risk losing some of it for the time the landlord held the property for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 micalrusso3

Victor wrote: »
    Agreed. www.threshold.ie

You risk losing some of it for the time the landlord held the property for you.

well thanks for the time guys i hope i can get somthing back..:mad:

Advertisement