Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tokyo Marui Px4 Review (No Discussion)

• 14-05-2011 12:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

I got home from work this evening and this beauty had arrived in the post.

I thought I would post up my initial thoughts on it.

A quick apology for the quality of the pictures, I don't have a decent camera to work with.

The pistol comes nicely packaged. Nothing fantastic, your standard polystyrene and cardboard box. However, all the bits are nicely layed out inside. A nice touch is that the box includes a space for a spare magazine, so, if you get a second magazine you can keep it in the box.

The package includes a manual in japanese, a schematic view of the pistol, some targets, a marui catalogue, some marui bb's, a cleaning rod and interestingly two small clips which allow you hold the magazine follower so you can dry fire with the magazine in the pistol.

IMG_0301.jpg

This pistol itself is made mostly of ABS, as you expect with a Marui pistol. Some of the internals appear to be metal.

It's got full markings, though it says custom where it would say storm on the real steel. You can correct me on this if I am wrong.

It also replicates the Px4's unique rotating barrel, which is a very nice touch.

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

It's got a good heft to it, with the magazine it weighs approx. 840g. It feels nice and balanced in the hands.

In fact, for me it feels perfect in my hands.

It comes with 2 extra back straps for the grip, which is great. The one installed is the medium size. The two spare are small and large. This is excellent as it allows you to size the grip to your own taste and comfort.

IMG_0294.jpg

The safety is ambidextrous, and also acts as a decocker. If you rack the slide with the safety engaged, the hammer will return to the neutral position. The trigger is also completely disconnected. If the slide is not fully forward, the pistol will not fire. So it's quite safe.

The slide lock and mag release are not ambidextrous, but are located on the left of the frame. Easy for right handers.

All controls are real easy to reach with your thumb.

One really great feature, is the ability to adjust the hop up without having to disassemble the pistol. You just pull the slide back and you can adjust the wheel.

photo.jpg

From every source I've read, the Px4 will take green gas no problem. Of course the magazine fill valve is designed for 134a gas, so filling it with green gas spews some gas.

The magazine itself has a 25 round capacity.

Unfortunately I didn't get to test fire it in the daylight today. However I gave it a quick test fire outside.

The blowback is crisp and gives a great sound. It doesn't seem to throw off follow up shots too much either.

I'll have to test the accuracy properly during the day. But, I did take aim at a weather vane approx. 70ft away from where I was standing. I could barely see it and frankly I am a sucky shot with a pistol. but I hit the vane on the first shot and only missed it about 4 times with a full magazine.

Overall, I am thrilled with the Px4 and would definitely recommend it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

Just a quick update.

I got to try it out in the daylight this morning.

First off the range is great. Getting about 160-170ft.

I did a couple of test fires.

At 30ft and 60ft, from a standing position and unsupported.

(Take into account that I am not a good pistol shot, shaky hands all over the place :rolleyes:)

Photo1-1.jpg

Five shots at each target. (And two rebound shots that hit the top of the 30ft target :o)

Advertisement