Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Art Portfolio website

Options
  • 14-05-2011 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys puts this website up about 2 months ago its my portfolio website of recent college work. It has my film and 3D work let me know what you think. I also designed the website myself.:D http://brianmacdesigns.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Hey Brian !
    A decent website, although I have a couple of small points:

- When you roll over the word 'Bio' in the menu bar it gets sliightly bigger. But the other buttons don't do that. Its a small detail, I know, but if you are making a website that represents you why not make it perfect ?

- That graphic on the right on the Home Page in my opinion looks very unprofessional and well, I think you can put something better ! Same with 'Bio' page. I think a simple Black & White picture of yourself will be much more effective and striking.

- On the contact page the contact email text is done as a picture i.e. a potential client cannot just copy and paste the email into his letter. It creates a small bit of hassle for them and you want their opinion of you to be perfect !

Project work:
    - Save our tankfield website. The photos in the 'Pics' section don't open spot on in the middle, on Google Chrome at least. They really distort the page while open.

- 3D Kitchen. No critique as such, I really love it. It looks like an intro to some horror movie, it just seems so eerie :D Maybe put some text at the end for what its meant to be ?

Anyways, keep up the good work !

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brianmac90

Thanks for the feedback il take those points on board. Il prob make some changes once college is over and I have time. :)

I herd it was better to use an image for an email address to prevent bots finding your email and spamming it. That's what I was told by my teacher anyways don't know if its true?:confused:

Thanks for the feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

brianmac90 wrote: »
    I herd it was better to use an image for an email address to prevent bots finding your email and spamming it. That's what I was told by my teacher anyways don't know if its true?:confused:

It is a possibility, yes. Although 95% of spam would be filtered as spam anyway. But I heard that writing your email in the form info(at)brianmacdesigns.com can do the trick. Not sure though.

Advertisement