Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block wall spacers

• 14-05-2011 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if spacers are available here in ireland for assisting in building level block walls. (its for a shed not a house)

Like this
    http://www.blockandbrickspacer.com/

I thought something would be available, I assumed anything like this would be plastic
    but cannot find anything looking online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Maybe something like this will do?

http://www.bricky.ie/html/offer.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Thats not for cavity blocks though, its not really a spacer, just a tool to lay a bed of mortar. Unfortunately, looks grand for doing solid block or red bricks though.
    I was thinking something like in the link, but available in ireland.
    I saw plastic spacers for building red brick walls years ago, looking for a spacer so when |I get the first course done and level, it will make the remaining courses relatively easy.
    I'm hoping I wont have to order them from the US, surely something like that must be available here?

Even if spacers were available in the UK, Id order them or pick them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭ponddigger

hi merch.i used plastic close pegs worked very well.ponddigger

Hi ponddigger

I was hoping there was something purpose designed for the job, but in the absence of that, this sounds like a good idea.
    I never thought of a peg, did you put it in whole like that? did they balance ok/lay flat?

I was thinking I'd end up having to saw up bits of loads of small bits of wood to use as homemade spacers, but I didnt like the idea.

How'd you come up with it? did you build a block structure using them?
    I'm doing a shed so I think they might do the job.
    I wouldnt mind paying but either get crazy prices or no answer from people/block layers so I've been tempted into doing it myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement