Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDF Southern Brigade Recruitment

Options
  • 14-05-2011 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Any PDF lads here know roughly when the Southern Brigade will be taking on Recruits.
    I am hoping to enlist and have nearly a year of service in the RDF under my belt already.

Also, any general advice in terms of fitness/Qualifications/references which could maximise the possiblity of getting in?

A career in the PDF is what I really want.
    And any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

if you have the leaving go for a cadetship, or go to college get a degree and go for the cadets, im in 5years and thats my advice. this may not be what you want to hear but its my 2c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DieHardMaggot

Being honest I'd be happy to get into either one.
    I'm gonna take what I can get.
    I've the leaving done and am thinking of going to college for a year to improve my chances of getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭BuckJamesRogers

Being honest I'd be happy to get into either one.
    I'm gonna take what I can get.
    I've the leaving done and am thinking of going to college for a year to improve my chances of getting in.

Cadetship will be looking for more than a year done. Most of them in now have a degree or are in final year. Doesn't mean you cant go for it though. Best of luck :)

Oh I know.
    But for general enlistment a level 5 course would be enough, do you think?

Really depends on you. They'll look at the person and gauge whether or not they're suitable too. I know a few lads that don't have degrees that were taken on in the last intake (both EBDE and WBDE). A degree is not the be all and end all. :)

• Advertisement

Are you PDF?

Nope. Have a few friends who are though. Just passing on what I've heard.

Advertisement