Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox Watch

• 14-05-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I fish quite a lot and I'm always amazed at the number of foxes I see when I'm up in the early hours of the morning.
    I'm in Dublin and I've seen foxes in Blackrock, Harolds Cross, Sandymount, Terenure and Ringsend.
    What about others?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Cdub wrote: »
    I fish quite a lot and I'm always amazed at the number of foxes I see when I'm up in the early hours of the morning.
    I'm in Dublin and I've seen foxes in Blackrock, Harolds Cross, Sandymount, Terenure and Ringsend.
    What about others?
    Driving last night one ran right in front of me at 9pm in meath. Was surprised it was out so early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

piperh wrote: »
    Driving last night one ran right in front of me at 9pm in meath. Was surprised it was out so early.
    this time of the year you can actually see them out at any time of the day, they will have cubs and will be out hunting to feed them so very easy to spot. if you find the den and get yourself well hidden and are patient you might get to see the whole family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭santasbird

My son came home about 1 in the morning a couple of times early this year to find a fox asleep in my porch on a car mat. Don't know who got more of a fright.:eek: This was in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭theghost

14 years ago we had a couple of foxes snoozing happily on our shed roof in Crumlin with a gang of feral cats. More recently, I saw one strolling calmly up the Dartry Road between 1.30 and 2.00pm, and there was one visiting the Corporation flats in Rathmines every evening during last year's cold spell. There was also one visiting the gardens on Dundrum main street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Therre used to be a three legged fox that lived near Mount Argos.
    Anyone ever see him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I woke up one night and took a look out my bedroom window onto the street below and saw a fox trotting by with a string of sausages trailing along out of it's mouth.

We have a vixen and dog that rear cubs together in my area, usually in January you hear their mating calls. I've seen them bring the cubs out over the last few years. They tend to taunt my dog too, he's a Pom so I think they are a bit confused about this hairy foxlike creature.
    I was hoping to see the cubs this year but unfortunately one of the parents got killed recently. Foxes mate for life so I hope the other parent can move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

There's one I see trotting around the street here in Lucan the odd night (CCTV at the ready :) )

Seems to follow the same path, pattern and general timings for his/her walks

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Cdub

Never saw a 3 legged fox at Mount Argos but cam home one night to find a fox standing on a neighbours wall up the road in larkfield.

Advertisement