Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Astro-turf soccer

Options
  • 14-05-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

With the summer coming up,I was thinking of setting up a cork soccer group on facebook to maybe arrange a few soccer games. We can play at different pitches around the city and will be medium to high quality soccer.

If your interested,send me a pm with your fb and ill add you...

Post on this as well if you are interested and any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I'm interested in playing football . Don't have a facebook though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

One of the lads living with me is from Germany and doesn't have a boards account. Can you post details of where ye want to meet up etc or a link to the fb page so he can get info please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

ill add you to a fb group we have...about 10 boardsy on it..pm links to fb and ill add ye

• Registered Users Posts: 32 graffikaz

Hey

Do you know of anyone interested in getting a mixed team together?

for a tourney is it or what..?

Still havent heard a word from the lads above..

Just to let ye know i set up a boards.ie soccer team on footy.ie as well..http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056239515

Theres already 10or so on the fb group and we try to play a game every now and again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 graffikaz

Ya exactly just to put a mixed team together and join a league for abit of a laugh. Its hard to get a team together though!

Just bumping the thread to see if anyone else is interested in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

This would be like 5-a-side on a quarter astro-turf pitch would it?

This would be like 5-a-side on a quarter astro-turf pitch would it?

5 or 6 aside depending on what pitch we play on..

bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I'm interested in playing , pm me for number , don't use facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

im interested please pm me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Are ye still playing games? What pitches do ye play on?

im interested please pm me back.

Yea i sent u a fb request..

Its easier to organise games in a fb group..

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Are ye still playing games? What pitches do ye play on?

Ye we are still playing,the tourney is nearly coming to and end, so it will probably be normal astro turf games now.If you want to join the group pm me with details

Just an update to let everyone know that we are still playing soccer..send me a pm if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Theres am Astro group which hold a competitve summer league from March/April till July, its very well run, 6 a side with subs, leagues updated, Referees and all that jazz.

pm me if your interested I can pass on the contact details to ya

Theres am Astro group which hold a competitve summer league from March/April till July, its very well run, 6 a side with subs, leagues updated, Referees and all that jazz.

pm me if your interested I can pass on the contact details to ya

Pm me there, let me know how much it costs, where and home many games, usual story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I've played in CIT, Leisureworld and Nemo.

Nemo is shocking and had serious (!) pitch subsidance, nets at the sidelines and in general was crap.

CIT has sidelines with nets but also has space at the sidelines for the ball to go out of play etc.

Leisureworld has solid walls at the sidelines (with no space) and the best goals of the lot.

• Advertisement

Dermighty wrote: »
    I've played in CIT, Leisureworld and Nemo.

Nemo is shocking and had serious (!) pitch subsidance, nets at the sidelines and in general was crap.

CIT has sidelines with nets but also has space at the sidelines for the ball to go out of play etc.

Leisureworld has solid walls at the sidelines (with no space) and the best goals of the lot.

The best pitches in cork are Leisureworld(bishopstown) and the millenium.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Fol20 wrote: »
    The best pitches in cork are Leisureworld(bishopstown) and the millenium.

A couple of the pitches at leisureworld aren't great. Supernova in Ballincollig is quite good too, they have nets over the pitches which is handy because it means the ball can't be kicked over.

daveyjoe wrote: »
    A couple of the pitches at leisureworld aren't great. Supernova in Ballincollig is quite good too, they have nets over the pitches which is handy because it means the ball can't be kicked over.

The glen is like supernova..Tbh i dont like the way the goals are small and the net above the place is a pro and con..its good that the ball will never go out, but it also means you cant do any high balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fk247

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hudhastings

Fol20 just PMed you I am very interested in playing thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

There's a newer thread thats active for 6 a side matchs every Thursday in cork I'm on my phone and can't link too it but pm mod GavRedKing he arranges it.the thread is in Cork City and is called "5/6 a side soccerball, Cork City Venue - Poll"

• Registered Users Posts: 35 adver567

hay i would like to join. it could never be too much footy :) pm me

cheers!

Hey lads. Just bumping he thread If anyone is interested in playing ball on and I'll add you to our what's app group

Hey lads. Just bumping he thread If anyone is interested in playing ball on and I'll add you to our what's app group
    forgot to say standard isn't too bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

forgot to say standard isn't too bad

When and what time do ye play?

Advertisement