Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing mirrors to a wall

• 14-05-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭

I have two mirrors that the wife want fixed to the wall without clips if possible and hopefully by adhesive. The mirrors are appox 4ft in height and 8 inchs in with so not very big. Anyone done this before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

You can use an adhesive, but you need to be careful with your choice as some will eat the protective lining on the back and stain / blacken the front. There are mirror adhesives out there but i wont use them. Because when they decide they want it moved or changed, you will be engaging in 7 years bad luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

http://bostik.ie/diy/product/evo-stik/Mirror-Adhesive/347

snyper just get someone else to do it for you:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I have two mirrors that the wife want fixed to the wall without clips if possible and hopefully by adhesive. The mirrors are appox 4ft in height and 8 inchs in with so not very big. Anyone done this before?

Gunoprene. Used with a standard silicon gun. Available everywhere. About a fiver a tube. Job done ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Irish Fire

snyper wrote: »
    You can use an adhesive, but you need to be careful with your choice as some will eat the protective lining on the back and stain / blacken the front. There are mirror adhesives out there but i wont use them. Because when they decide they want it moved or changed, you will be engaging in 7 years bad luck

+ 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Irish Fire wrote: »
    + 1

+2

You can use gunnopreme as above or you can use geocel mirror adhesive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

You will need to place some kind of support under mirror to support weight while adhesive sets. I got 'special' stuff from glass supplier. A wooden batten would do, take away after a day or so. My huge bathroom mirror still looks good 5 years on, stuck over tiles.... two person job though to place mirror correctly and safely:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a look at the products. :)

Advertisement