Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copying in exams

• 14-05-2011 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hiya all ,
    I am a studnt at AIT 2nd year degree...i was caught copying at one of the exams from a little piece of paper.. does anyone know what willl happen to me now??? :( really worried about it... first time I did somthing like this.. prettty immature I know.. but was under so much pressure to pass coz i m 29 already... pls help.
    thanks all .
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Downright stupid is what it was. You will have to read over the rules and see where to go from there. Hopefully, you will be failed for this sitting but have a chance to repeat without any pieces of paper in August, but I don't know.

We're all under pressure to pass, whether we're 19 or 29 is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

They will probably call you to a meeting to explain your actions. Someone from your school and about two more. They will decide the nature of punishment. Have they the small bit of paper that you brought in? They will compare that to what you had written. A report from the person who caught you will also be given. Doubt they will let you resit in August. They will probably ban you from resiting til next year and warn you over future conduct. Bad state of affairs. Best of luck, let us know how you geton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Hey there,

I'm doing mechanical engineering in AIT and a mate of mine was caught with a load of copied work from other students when it came time to hand up our CAD work for the year. He was called to a meeting with the lecturer where he was let off with a good stern warning!

Maybe they'll be ok with you too?
    Or has anything happened since?

Really do hope it works out for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I dont think we should turn this into a bashing forum. The fear that old mate is going through right now is enough punishment i think. When you go into the meeting that you will have just be truthful and recognize that you've done wrong and that you wont do it again, explain what was on your mind at the time and the reasons that led you to do what you done, tell them how much a 2nd chance would mean to you and how much you love your course in AIT.

I hope it all works out for you man cos at 29 if you haven't been to college This is your only chance to make a good go of it. Let us know how you get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 saintNsinnerr

got away with it guys...dont know how , but did .. one of me mates was called in and let go with a warning though....
    thans for replies guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Woof2

You probably got away with it because you had so little on the bit of paper that it was deemed not to be of much use in the exam. You're lucky. I've sat on those hearings and you could have fared a lot worse. Write the notes on your brain the next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Woof2 wrote: »
    You probably got away with it because you had so little on the bit of paper that it was deemed not to be of much use in the exam. You're lucky. I've sat on those hearings and you could have fared a lot worse. Write the notes on your brain the next time.

Do they not note these "trangressions" on your transcripts though? Or is the XF grade just an Americanism? I would imagine colleges don't kick people out unless it's a severe offence. I am probably wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

got away with it guys...dont know how , but did .. one of me mates was called in and let go with a warning though....
    thans for replies guys

Glad to see that you got a 2nd bite of the cherry mate ........... savor the taste.

Advertisement