Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Format Open .22LR shoot at ECSC on Saturday 21st May

• 14-05-2011 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

The East Coast Shooting Club is holding a new format competition shoot for .22lr rifles on Saturday next, the 21st May. This shoot will have the same format as the one held on the 6th of March at ECSC and is open to all licensed and insured .22LR rifle owners. Sorry about the short notice but we had booked this date for another competition we had planned and have postponed and we do not want to waste the opportunity.

The idea is to have a fun shoot and some enjoyably friendly-competition! The course-of-fire and targets etc have been designed to test shooters skills at various distances and in various shooting positions using .22lr 'sporter' or varmint type rifles.

The general format of the competition will be targets at, 50 and 100m, with targets shot in the prone, kneeling/sitting, and standing positions. So plenty of fun and variety there for all!

Saturday 21st of May 2011
    • First Detail: 11am
    • Location East Coast Shooting Club Range at Diamond Hill, Roundwood, County Wicklow.
    For more details, including the rules of the competition, location, etc., please visit the club web site at
    http://www.eastcoastshootingclub.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fourtycoats

These are the target images we will use:
    50 metres
    Fullscreen%20capture%2015052011%20171724.jpg

100 metres
    Fullscreen%20capture%2015052011%20171826.jpg

There were 19 shooters from 3 clubs at the last one of these and it would be nice to better this on Saturday. We are especially keen to get some of the MNSCI " STAGS" and "Fox" shoot competitors to see what the standard in general is across the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Might try to make it up to ECSC on the 21st.
    Now to see if I can get a permission-slip at short notice!
    Haven't had the .22 out in a while :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭clivej

put my hat in the ring as well please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Working :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭PNA

clivej wrote: »
    put my hat in the ring as well please

It will be great to see you and dCorbus there, it will make wining more difficult for the rest ! :rolleyes:

PNA wrote: »
    It will be great to see you and dCorbus there, it will make wining more difficult for the rest ! :rolleyes:

Two sharpshooters and bullish!ters of the highest order :eek:

Will I get a couple of minutes to check zero 'cos I have a red dot reflex sight on top now

clivej wrote: »
    Two sharpshooters and bullish!ters of the highest order :eek:

Will I get a couple of minutes to check zero 'cos I have a red dot reflex sight on top now

I think we will be able to facilitate you on that

For many men, Saturday involves obligations to help run the business or household, Gardening, painting, repairing or working overtime are the most frequent reasons to be occupied. Sometimes, you can get a day pass if an especially important sporting event, such as a 6 Nations Rugby Match, a Inter provincial GAA match or even an FA cup final are on. Sadly, this Saturday ,apart from the Heineken cup final which is not on until the evening, the usual reasons do not apply, but all is not yet lost. The ECSC has come to your rescue. A very important event, with an international flavor is scheduled tomorrow in Roundwood, County Wicklow, designed to test the skill of all rifle owning enthusiasts who live in a 300 mile radius from the range. The money prizes on offer are good, the location delightful and the company exhilarating so what better reason can you have for making the effort? You could even combine what you won at this competition with what you won on betting on the Rugby and treat your friends to a good night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

great day as usual, wind ****ed me up as it did every one :( but i am glad i went up :)

• Advertisement

great day as usual, wind ****ed me up as it did every one :( but i am glad i went up :)

Wind was strong alrite it blew 2 of my shots 3 feet into your bulls-eye :o:o

Good competition and great to meet up with new lads with the same mindset. As Arnie said "I'll be back"

Thanks to all at ECSC for the welcome and please do not show the result sheet.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

:Dplease do not show the result sheet.eek.gif

Thanks everybody for coming, great and windy day, I think everybody enjoyed it and as per popular demand results will be e-mailed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreatGayHunter

For many men, Saturday involves obligations to help run the business or household, Gardening, painting, repairing or working overtime are the most frequent reasons to be occupied. Sometimes, you can get a day pass if an especially important sporting event, such as a 6 Nations Rugby Match, a Inter provincial GAA match or even an FA cup final are on. Sadly, this Saturday ,apart from the Heineken cup final which is not on until the evening, the usual reasons do not apply, but all is not yet lost. The ECSC has come to your rescue. A very important event, with an international flavor is scheduled tomorrow in Roundwood, County Wicklow, designed to test the skill of all rifle owning enthusiasts who live in a 300 mile radius from the range. The money prizes on offer are good, the location delightful and the company exhilarating so what better reason can you have for making the effort? You could even combine what you won at this competition with what you won on betting on the Rugby and treat your friends to a good night out.

Hi, please let us know when your have the next one, more notice if possible, as if it's not in the calendar at home it's not going to happen, as per the above "Bitch Duties" everyweekend.

look forward to joining the next one.

G.G.H.

Advertisement