Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday apartments in NYC needed

• 14-05-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Does anyone know of good websites to book a holiday apartment in manhatten area?hopefully they are cheaper than stayin in a hotel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Craigslist is your best option. My mum would get an apartment in mid town for Thanksgiving every year when I lived in New York [my apartment was a shoebox :D] If you look further out in Queens or Brooklyn you can find nice places for the same or less then a decent hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kaz86

Thanks, I was thinking craigslist was the way to go, do you think its too early to be looking for a vacation apartment for the end of july. Will it be easy to get one closer to the time as a lot of new yorkers leave the city for the summer don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

I would definitely recommend www.airbnb.com

It's a relatively new but insanely popular website for exactly the kind of thing you are looking for. It is a marketplace that lets anyone post a room or an entire apartment for short term rental.

They even have a collection of the coolest New York properties on the site grouped here.

http://www.airbnb.com/collections/unique-new-york-city-getaways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

I've used these a few times. Excellent service:

http://www.nyhabitat.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement