Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dvds on my hard drive

• 14-05-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

I have a great selection of dvds and would like to put some on my hard drive for my hols. Can some one advise the best way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Easy & quick - rip to ISO and watch via a virtual drive. (con is each movie could be 4.5gb)
    Harder and slower - rip to avi/ mp4 and watch via VLC player or similar. (pro is file size is much lower - 500mb to 1gb depending on what quality you want.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

DVDshrink to rip and Handbrake
    to encode for your device of choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Maybe it is but I don't think Shrink is hosted on that site anymore. It's over on Afterdawn (good site) here though.

DVDFab is the best IMO, It will backup (rip) all DVDs, whereas DVD Shrink won't do newer DVDs.
    In general I use DVD Fab to rip to video and audio files, I then use Shrink to convert to ISO, and DVD decrypter to burn the ISO back to disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Here is a guide for backing up your own Movies. You only need the first bit and VLC then to watch them.

• Advertisement

Here is a guide for backing up your own Movies. You only need the first bit and VLC then to watch them.

I don't see the need for VOB blanker, DVD shrink can be used to reauthor - strip out menus, extras, languages, subs etc, and you can trim off start/end credits.

Advertisement