Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill: Downpour

Options
  • 14-05-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't find a thread on this and i'm sure there will be a bit of buzz around it at E3. So, is this franchise finished with or can it get back to the glory days like SH 1&2? They're trying some interesting things mixing the hell world with water and looks dark as ever. I never played the most recent game, is it any good?

Debut trailer

Sneak peek at E3 demo (bit worried about how the combat looks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sneak preview was ****...

is that same developers as last one? that american fellas?

the first trailer was way too dark for me too see the odd world...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm playing Shattered Memories at the moment - no combat! Joy! Hardly a great game, but makes for a pleasant change of pace including the quirky psychology elements.

Life in the franchise, but they need to focus on scares and atmosphere rather than shoehorning in shooting mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I kinda lost interest after the second game (although, I do remember enjoying Silent Hill: The Room. I enjoyed the idea of it more than actually playing it), so I'd love to be gripped by the series again. Although, this trailer didn't move me at all, so my hopes ain't high at the moment.

Also, that sneak peek guy was totally reading his script straight from the cards :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

too many uncharted 3 fags with little consideration of the fact Downpour is also released this week. they want us silent!! so do we. Hoping the build is still tidy enough like with Homecoming cos f- knows where the series is going :/ not too keen on being a jailbird either

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

LH Pathe wrote: »
    too many uncharted 3 fags with little consideration of the fact Downpour is also released this week. they want us silent!! so do we. Hoping the build is still tidy enough like with Homecoming cos f- knows where the series is going :/ not too keen on being a jailbird either

Emmmmmm, **** that, I'll just ask..... WTF?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Maybe because uncharted a better game :pac::pac:

Maybe because uncharted a better game :pac::pac:

what, fundamentally? In general it may be.

or maybe, it's because it is kept afloat on a sea of hype where even the most casual of gamers and will invest in it whilst they're being bombarded with advertisements and promos at every turn. when its not on folks tongues, rare considering how many of the most unlikeliest are mentioning this video game of all things one things for certain it is most defo not Unchatted - I know a guy for whom if he must play just one game this year, then it will be that - not being elitist nor nowt but I'll wait till the non- gamers have stopped gaming, don't want my experience to coincide with theirs simultaneously!

atmosphere wise I'd rather be a jailbird in silent hill than nathan twatface and his insufferable acomplices, in africa.. ah. thank you for the opportunity

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

too many uncharted 3 fags with little consideration of the fact Downpour is also released this week.

jackie-chan-whut.jpg

what, fundamentally? In general it may be.

or maybe, it's because it is kept afloat on a sea of hype where even the most casual of gamers and will invest in it whilst they're being bombarded with advertisements and promos at every turn. when its not on folks tongues, rare considering how many of the most unlikeliest are mentioning this video game of all things one things for certain it is most defo not Unchatted - I know a guy for whom if he must play just one game this year, then it will be that - not being elitist nor nowt but I'll wait till the non- gamers have stopped gaming, don't want my experience to coincide with theirs simultaneously!

atmosphere wise I'd rather be a jailbird in silent hill than nathan twatface and his insufferable acomplices, in africa.. ah. thank you for the opportunity

not%2Bsure%2Bif%2Btroll%2Bfry%2Bsquint%2Bface%2Breaction%2Bmacro.jpg

Glad I sowed the seed of doubt in fragile minds, I'm fairly assured in my opinion.. Other than the fact U3 WILL sadly be a better game. Anything personal / namecalling / character defamation and I will forward a request on the grounds the poster is not attacked, troll callers / suggesters with no other thread input are often the trolls in my view

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Anything personal / namecalling / character defamation and I will forward a request on the grounds the poster is not attacked, troll callers / suggesters with no other thread input are often the trolls in my view

lol:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

report that:pac:

A person who brings up uncharted 3 in a silent hill thread calling uncharted fans fags you are just waiting for someone to take the bait , nice try :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

too many uncharted 3 fags with little consideration of the fact Downpour is also released this week.
    Anything personal / namecalling / character defamation and I will forward a request on the grounds the poster is not attacked, troll callers / suggesters are often the trolls in my view

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Downpour isn't out until next year.
    Lets lock this up for a while and hope the troll goes back under his bridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement