Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Janet Jackson - Grand Canal Theater - July 5th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 BigFatBass

BigFatBass wrote: »
    Who is going to try get tickets for this one? Do you reckon it will sell out quickly? Also do you know if there is a presale?

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Janet-Jackson-tickets/artist/972908?tm_link=tm_music_news5

Is no one going? I bought row H circle tickets! Can't wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Yep, I'll be there at floor level.

YAY someone else lol! I dont think tix sold v well u can still buy row a in the upper circle! :S Oh well Im row H in the circle CANNOT wait! Especially for together again and Doesn't really matter! :D

OK seriously how f*cking amazing was this concert!? One of the best nights of my life!! :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

did she talk about Michael at all?

that'd have been cool to be at..couldnt go...ggrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

I have to say I was very impressed with the show and her performance last night.
    Great variety throughout the night and she put her heart in to delivering the goods.
    She spoke about Michael during Together Again about how he was always saying to her Dublin is a great place and then the background to the song was pictures of her and Michael as kids.

She also sang Scream with Michael on the Video Scream prior to Together Again.

Enjoyed myself and so many songs she played and didnt play great crowd as everybody standing from the first note. Hope she returns some day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I was at this also. Great concert. Thought the sound system wasn't the best and she mimed a little too much. Would liked to have seen a full performance of Scream with Michael on video doing his part, rather than just her singing along with him for the the small segment that she did last night. She did put her heart and soul into everything though and would love to see her again someday, maybe in the O2.

IF was the highlight of the night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Hey guys, show was brilliant. I was sitting on third row, heres a vid I took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvuuDWS68IA&feature=channel_video_title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I also thought she was fantastic.

No costume changes, just a black vest, jeans and boots and straight into it from the off.

I would have liked more of the songs performed in their entirety rather than the shortened versions. This is a style also favoured by Prince.

But she belted out the hits with a huge amount of energy and the references to Michael were brief and not overly sentimental.

And seriously, is there a woman alive with a more beautiful smile?!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

I was there in the backrow of the stalls which when in The Grand Canal Theatre that isn't an issue as it is a brilliant venue. While she was good I found the set a little short considering she spent so much time off stage and yeah the miming was pretty obvious but she sang some songs live and even though her Michael tribute wasn't over sentimental she still had me in tears with her images and words. I would have preferred more complete songs rather than snippets too but I'm glad I went to see her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

God that video is awful.

I used to love her back in the late 80s but she's a fat wench now.

She can't possibly need the money, so why is she flogging this sh*t tour?

I used to love her back in the late 80s but she's a fat wench now.

"Fat wench"?? You can't be serious.

Photos from the night ..

JanetDublin4.jpg

JanetDublin3.jpg

JanetDublin2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭TommyTippee

This was Janet Jackson when Rhythm Nation was released:

This was Janet Jackson when Rhythm Nation was released:

She was 24 then, that was almost 22 years ago! You hardly expect her to not age, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Great photos OutlawPete!

Advertisement