Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support Groups?

Options
  • 14-05-2011 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have information on a support group or groups for relatives of people suffering from a fatal disease, specifically brain tumours, please? One that is based in Dublin is preferable.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Two come to mind:

Irish Cancer Society - Helpline 1800 200 700

ARC - Eccles St and South Circular Road

All of these operate drop in centres, for those dealing with Cancer in their daily lives, whether they are ill, or someone close to them is ill. Give them a call or drop in - they're there to help!

- Condo(r)131 -Cancer survivor and trained Irish Cancer Society Cancer support mentor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Thanks. I found a group in the Irish Cancer Society booklet. I'll take a look at ARC now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭biomed32

ARC are a fantastic charity and I have done some fundraising for them. They have also helped my family imensly with a loss. All the best.

Advertisement