Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question relating to foreign savings account and investment funds

Options
  • 14-05-2011 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi all!

Just have 2 quick questions I was really hoping you could help me with :)

My current account is with Ulster Bank, and I've a Rabo account for savings.

However, I'm looking for another savings account which is completely unrelated to Ireland - I'm worried that, even though they're Dutch, Rabo operates in Ireland, and my account may be subject to any future levies by the government/changes to "punt" if we do leave the Euro, etc. Even apart from that, spreading my savings seems like a good idea anyway!

To this end, I'm looking for a euro (as I don't particularly want to be subjected to currency fluctuations) savings account which has online access. I would like to be able to set up a standing order to this account.
    I would really appreciate any advice on websites I could read up about these accounts, or recommendations for these non-resident accounts?

Secondly, I would like to start using the Rabo investment funds - would anyone be able to recommend a book/website I could read to give me the FUND(!)amentals as to what I should be looking for with these funds?

Advertisement