Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Bands Youtube Thread

Options
  • 14-05-2011 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Over on the nightlife megathread someone mentioned the lack of venues for new Waterford bands. But who needs a venue when you have a thread :D

I'd like this thread just to feature youtube videos of local Waterford bands. So whenever you see a flyer for a gig somewhere you can check out this thread to see if the band are any good.

I'll get the ball rolling with this video.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

excellant daysha. great video from an excellant band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Great band. RIP Jamie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Saw them last night in Murphy's, they were deadly. Shame I had to leave early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Ilya K

Unfortunately no longer together, I thought they were a great band

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

There's loads of interview and live videos with local bands on oxylung.com, if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Have to say I'm a big fan of local bands, with Solar Taxi and King Kong Company being my favourites. Solar Taxi have just launched their E.P. and KKC are bringing out a new track and video every month! Fair dues lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just to make a point on this. Not much use putting up a YouTube video with no text about the band really. While you can find out who they are and that by clicking into the YouTube video, this thread won't serve its original purpose without at least the bands' names - it won't show up in any searches.

Must add a few later if I get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Can we include older Waterford bands who have split up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Nolanger wrote: »
    Can we include older Waterford bands who have split up?
    Go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Nirvana - the '60s duo - (one guy was from Waterford).

Infant souls from the '80s.

Purple haze - '80s metal

Ghetto Amaretto. Great band and a great bunch of lads too. Haven't heard much from them in recent months but hopefully we'll see them gigging again this summer.

Latest one from King Kong Company.
    They broke up 10 years ago and are now recording a song and video every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

kkdela6 wrote: »

Ghetto Amaretto. Great band and a great bunch of lads too. Haven't heard much from them in recent months but hopefully we'll see them gigging again this summer.
    Mostly gigging around cork atm I think. Got a great response from the4 student nights down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mexicanvader

Brooder - Evil Eye
    Punk-pop Waterford band from the mid/late 90s. Released Evil Eye EP on Texan independent label Waffle Iron Records in 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Thoughts of Ruin.
    My old band, now disbanded. Singer was from Waterford, the rest of us from Clonmel. I'm currently residing in Waterford.

Thoughts of Ruin.
    My old band, now disbanded. Singer was from Waterford, the rest of us from Clonmel. I'm currently residing in Waterford.

ah i remember yee, i used to call yee 'the only metal band id ever listen to', probably due to the craic we had in the moshpits of your gigs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭digitaldeath

Glad to hear you had fun at our gigs!
    Yeah, I was the drummer in that band - it was fun while it lasted! :)

Glad to hear you had fun at our gigs!
    Yeah, I was the drummer in that band - it was fun while it lasted! :)

ah yea serious craic, i remember seeing you for the first time at spraoi with two other bands called Desecrate and 20 Miles That Way, any idea what became of them? they were both really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

Desecrate broke up and then formed again added a keyboard had a whole new sound going but the last time they played a gig was at the last Murphfest in Electric avenue

Only got shown King Kong Company a week or two ago,was really impressed,bita good electronic music coming out of Waterford too.

My friends brothers band thought it was a really catchy song gets stuck in my head the whole time when i hear it,i think i prefered the orignal version it was heavier had two guitars and no keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭few cans?

i remember seeing desecrate, thoughts of ruin and 20 miles that way all play together at spraoi 2007 i think it was. they were all quite good and metal wouldnt even be my thing.
    the last i heard of 20 miles they broke up in 2008 but i think i saw somewhere in facebook that they recently reformed. they were a very fun band ha.
    Thoughts of ruin used to go by the name Revenant i think, is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mrgardener

Surprised nobody posted this:

This song used to be epic when played live.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭theillest

just realised that link didnt work...ah well i found the orignal version of it.the first track

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

not 'bands' as such but I'm interested in folks working in the area of electronic music production/performance as that's my passion. Maybe outside the scope of this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

old gregg wrote: »
    not 'bands' as such but I'm interested in folks working in the area of electronic music production/performance as that's my passion. Maybe outside the scope of this thread?

Hi, I conceived of this thread as a virtual nightclub/pub that plays music. So if they could conceivably play somewhere like the forum I reckon its in the scope of the thread. Eg, if there was a Déise Daft Punk I think they'd be suitable.

old gregg wrote: »

King Kong Company are probably your best bet. They do the whole electronic thing, also video production, promote gigs / artists, lights / sound, the lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

King Kong Company are probably your best bet. They do the whole electronic thing, also video production, promote gigs / artists, lights / sound, the lot.
    ah yea cool and thanks. I'd know of the King Kong Company for sure.
    I suppose in electronic music you're more likely to get folks like myself who are based in Waterford but who don't normally perform here because of there maybe not being a local market for certain 'off-the-wall' genres.

Advertisement