Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Cruel: Forever Alone Involuntary Flashmob!

Options
  • 14-05-2011 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

rmd8r.jpg

Last night in New York, a group of (presumably) single guys gathered by a couple of phone boxes in Times Square. On the face of it, there’s nothing too remarkable about that – people date all the time in New York, right? It’s what Americans do. But then again they were these phone boxes, with a public access CCTV camera trained upon them 24 hours a day (navigate to Cam 2). There was also a cut-out of that “Forever Alone” guy’s face stuck on the side of them, and 4Chan had lured all the single men there by pretending to be women who wanted to date them. Stir that all up in a big, cruel pot, and you have yourself a “Forever Alone Involuntary Flashmob”. We grappled with our consciences and managed to pin them to the ground long enough to send a couple of photographers down to capture the sadness.

5717033875_5bc72c6f47_b-635x420.jpg

Here’s the plot outline. The agreed start point was 7.30pm, but so many people had heard about the prank that I couldn’t access the ‘cam until just before 8pm. After peering at it for about five minutes, I realised that I was sat by myself in the dark at home at 1am on a Friday night, pitying at a bunch of guys for supposedly being “forever alone”. The sudden sense of irony was pretty crushing.

You couldn’t make out a great deal from the webcam at the time, but in retrospect, everything seemed to revolve around the man in the red jeans. All the other lonely men seemed to recognise him as an exemplar of loneliness, probably because he was wearing red jeans and carrying red roses. ‘Is it a coincidence that red is both the colour of love, and the colour of shame?’, I thought to myself, as I apologised to the only pizza delivery guy I could find at that time of night for not being able to tip him.

2-635x396.jpg

Turns out this fella was the first to arrive – keen as mustard, at 7.15pm. Our photographers told us you could tell who was there to be stood-up, because they were constantly checking their phones.

alone_braydenolson17-635x423.jpg

5717611586_b4fa704b0e_b-400x635.jpg

alone_braydenolson11-423x635.jpg

alone_braydenolson27-635x423.jpg

alone_braydenolson28-635x423.jpg

alone_braydenolson21-423x635.jpg

alone_braydenolson19-423x635.jpg

alone_braydenolson05-635x423.jpg

alone_braydenolson30-635x423.jpg
    t seemed like everyone involved took it in pretty good spirits. At least they’ll be able to use this as sympathy ammo for their next real date. After all, what’s a more surefire way of getting laid than spending all night talking about the time you were the victim of a cruel meme-prank set up by an online community of people you’ll never meet?

Source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Aww felt sorry for the guy with the rose, hope it didn't dent their ego too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

alone_braydenolson11-423x635.jpg
    Ride

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

KilOit wrote: »
    Aww felt sorry for the guy with the rose, hope it didn't dent their ego too much.

He's probably the only actual serial killer amongst them. :p

Advertisement