Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't cycle on footpaths in Dublin today

• 14-05-2011 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭

Just a friendly heads up. The Gardai are out in force securing the Garden of Rememberance today and for some reason are taking a special interest in people cycling on the footpath. One cyclist was accosted (in a friendly way) by two Gardai, a second was having his details taken.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Eirigi are planning to stage a sit in at the Garden of Rememberence from today or possibly tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Whilst researching Eirigi's particular flavour of republican marxism, and wondering what the old windbag might have to say about it, I came across this quote.

“It's all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you're properly trained.”
    QEII

She's not wrong you know. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

Perhaps people could not cycle on footpaths in Dublin (and elsewhere in Ireland) any day? I'd like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

While they are at it, they could sort out the retards cycling down the street there the wrong way. I see it everyday there, and REALLY want to smack them for being so **** ignorant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Black Bloc

kona wrote: »
    While they are at it, they could sort out the retards cycling down the street there the wrong way. I see it everyday there, and REALLY want to smack them for being so **** ignorant.

Agreed. And can anyone tell me if helmets are mandatory in Ireland. They are in Italy - yes it seems ironic - and cyclists can pick up fines for breaking lights, not wearing a helmet, no high vis, etc. I drive into Dublin probably 2/3 times a week and get p****d off when I see people cycling without any head protection and dressed in dark clothes. Motorists are only human too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Black Bloc wrote: »
    Agreed. And can anyone tell me if helmets are mandatory in Ireland.
    They're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

they shouldnt be cycling on the footpaths anyway your not ment to!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RT66 wrote: »
    They're not.

Agreed, and helmets are definitely off-topic for this thread given we have had numerous other threads covering them in recent weeks

Thanks

Beasty

edit
    tomasrojo has pointed out to me that Italy has no compulsory helmet law. I have agreed to edit this post simply to avoid any misunderstanding on this specific point - helmets remain off-topic for this thread

Advertisement