Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best wifi connection??

Options
  • 14-05-2011 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Looking to get a wifi connection...which has the best coverage..3/meteor/vodafone/upc?? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 CormD

I recently signed up with UPC, can't recommended them enough mate.

I'm on a 20mb package and 9/10 I get at least 12-13 mb download via wifi - (Peak times may be lower but nothing less the 8mb)

Have to say I'm very impressed with them. (And to be fair haven't heard anything but bad reviews from the others you mentioned)

Hope this helps dude :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Providers don't sell wifi, wifi is just the connection you get between the router/modem they provide and your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Why can't I just buy a wireless modem with the connection good to go, something fool proof, I don't have a clue how to set this **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Why can't I just buy a wireless modem with the connection good to go, something fool proof, I don't have a clue how to set this **** up.

If you ask nice someone might help :D

The answer is that every situation is different, there are many types of broadband, there are many different configurations necessary, some need to login, others get their settings automatically. Also, as wireless is a shared resource, your neighbour having a wireless device on the same channel as yours can interfere with your signal.

Describe your situation and requirements

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The-Rigger wrote: »

Most come with a manual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement