Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So confused??

Options
  • 14-05-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Ok so I'm repeating, got 400 last year and 475 this year in the pre's... unfortunately I need at least 515 to get my first choice and I'm really worried I won't get it :( the lowest course (points wise) on my CAO is 465 however that's primary school teaching and things aren't looking good as far as jobs for the future... the rest of my choices are medical (optometry, radiography....) but I need to put down another course as a back up, seen as I only have 6 choices atm but I don't have a clue what to put down, preferably a medical or science related level 8 course, any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Jam making.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Ian_K wrote: »
    Jam making.

great idea, might even put down sandwich making too! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What interests you in the degrees you picked and take it from there..

You could also post your query in the Health Sciences Education Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

What about Podiatry in Galway. I know someone doing it and its mostly medical stuff and I heard there is great job prospects in that area and points are around 450 I think.

Duda17 wrote: »
    What about Podiatry in Galway. I know someone doing it and its mostly medical stuff and I heard there is great job prospects in that area and points are around 450 I think.

Thanks for trying to help, it means alot, however I HATE feet! so that might be a slight problem... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ThatFancyChap

Why not just choose a standard Biology course? (One in UCC around 350-370). You can branch off into other fields then with a masters if need be?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ian_K wrote: »
    Jam making.
    Leave it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ditzie wrote: »
    Ok so I'm repeating, got 400 last year and 475 this year in the pre's... unfortunately I need at least 515 to get my first choice and I'm really worried I won't get it :( the lowest course (points wise) on my CAO is 465 however that's primary school teaching and things aren't looking good as far as jobs for the future... the rest of my choices are medical (optometry, radiography....) but I need to put down another course as a back up, seen as I only have 6 choices atm but I don't have a clue what to put down, preferably a medical or science related level 8 course, any help would be hugely appreciated, thanks in advance! :D

What sort of thing would you like to go into career wise? What do you like about medical related courses?

If you're interested in the patient side of things, would you look into nursing, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy?

If you're more into the sciencey parts of it, have you looked up what you can go into from undenominated science, biomedical science etc?

What is your first choice out of interest? Did you repeat specifically for that? :)

What sort of thing would you like to go into career wise? What do you like about medical related courses?

If you're interested in the patient side of things, would you look into nursing, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy?

If you're more into the sciencey parts of it, have you looked up what you can go into from undenominated science, biomedical science etc?

What is your first choice out of interest? Did you repeat specifically for that? :)

im interested in a bit of both, I have speech and language therapy down but i don't think i'd have the patience for occupational therapy and nursing would be my worst nightmare! lol my first choice is optometry and yes I did repeat specifically because my career teacher last year told me i couldnt apply for ucas and this year i have offers from that so fingers crossed!

Advertisement