Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic and travel issues during the state visits [thread].

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Twee. wrote: »
    I need to head down Clonliffe Road to Distillery Road in about an hour to get something for college signed. Anyone aware of restricted access due to its proximity to Croke Park?
    You should be ok once you avoid Russell St./Jones's Road. Traffic will probably be heavier than usual though. Haven't heard about anything kicking off yet today like it did on Dorset St. yesterday either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Hi Guys
    I have to travel to Dublin City next week for work and I was wondering if the Fleet street carpark is closed this week for the Queens visit. I expect maybe something similar for Obama's visit next week? i can't find anything about his itinerary and I can't make my own plans as a result.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Hi,

Does anyone know what the story is for the pedestrian bridges in the city tonight?

I know the quays are closed for a few hours but Im not sure how this affects the pedestrian bridges!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

From 0600hrs on Monday 24th May to 1100hrs on Tuesday 24th May the following roads and adjacent lanes will be closed
    Merrion Street Upper
    Merrion Square West
    Merrion Square South
    Baggot Street (Merrion Row – Pembroke Street)
    Merrion Row

does this mean that Holles Street will be closed ?

and if so, if i have some sort of ID to show i worked there would i be able to get through?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

You list doesn't mention Merrion sq east so you should be fine if your coming that way,I don't think your affected if coming from the Grand Canal st side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,744 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Hi,

Does anyone know what the story is for the pedestrian bridges in the city tonight?

I know the quays are closed for a few hours but Im not sure how this affects the pedestrian bridges!

Same as last week. When Obama travels along the quays all bridges will be temporarily closed (pedestrian or otherwise) in advance of his motorcade. The Beckett bridge will remain open it would appear.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

dubtom wrote: »
    You list doesn't mention Merrion sq east so you should be fine if your coming that way,I don't think your affected if coming from the Grand Canal st side.

yeah, i risked it, it was fine no traffic on the roads. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Pearse st was jammers this morning. They must have diverted alot of traffic onto it from the closed streets(Baggot etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

need to get over to the northside (parnell Sq.) from grafton street around 5pm, whats the story will the bridges still be closed at that time?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Deckof52

Does anyone know anything about the bike restrictions and confiscation of bikes today?

I left my bike on a bridge, within half hour either the DCC or Guards removed it breaking the lock off. I didn't see any advertisements on the bridge, silly not to realize, but still annoyed that their 'advertisements' didn't advertise and the twenty guards within meters didn't tell me before I locked it.

Anyways, rant over. Anybody know who to get in contact with about getting my bike back?

Store St Garda Station didn't have it; sent me to Pearse St Garda Station and they didn't have it; they sent me to Dublin City Council but it was closed so I rang and they said a contractor called, Sierra, took all the bikes, I couldn't get through to them.

So does anyone know who to get in contact with or how to get my bike back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DLMFILMS

Deckof52 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the bike restrictions and confiscation of bikes today?

I left my bike on a bridge, within half hour either the DCC or Guards removed it breaking the lock off. I didn't see any advertisements on the bridge, silly not to realize, but still annoyed that their 'advertisements' didn't advertise and the twenty guards within meters didn't tell me before I locked it.

Anyways, rant over. Anybody know who to get in contact with about getting my bike back?

Store St Garda Station didn't have it; sent me to Pearse St Garda Station and they didn't have it; they sent me to Dublin City Council but it was closed so I rang and they said a contractor called, Sierra, took all the bikes, I couldn't get through to them.

So does anyone know who to get in contact with or how to get my bike back?

Call Siera's guy on 0862541348 John. From what I know they replaced the bikes already. My bike was taken from Fitzwilliam square and I have been looking for it in garda stations and calling ppl since last Sat. I'm beginning to think it was legitimately stolen at this stage.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/72315?print_page=true

Check out this article, it's my next avenue of investigation. Then I'm going to try the garda auction. It was a brand new €500 Felt Hybrid. If I find the knacker that took it I'm going to batter him like a fish.

Good luck :)

Advertisement