Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym

• 14-05-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hey I'm hoping to study in Athlone IT next year and I'm really into weight lifting and bodybuilding and was wondering what the free weight facilities are like?
    Is there squat rack, free olympic bar, heavy dumbbells, benches etc?

I want to know if i'd have to join a different gym in the town. Itd be hand if this one is good though,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

can't remember if there's everything you've listed, but pretty sure there's heavy dumbbells (heavy for me maybe :P), benches and possibly the squat rack.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Mully_2011

think it has all you want be warned though its busy

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mouthforwar93

Mully_2011 wrote: »
    think it has all you want be warned though its busy

Whens rush hour?

Anyone give me an approximate price?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

They do memberships, pretty reasonable prices, there is a contact number for them on the ait website, you could ring them and find out, I can't remember off the top of my head what it is, but it used to be 3 or 4 euro for an individual visit, think it was 90 euro for 3 months or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 saintNsinnerr

60 euros for 6 months and a 100 for the whole semester ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

Whenever the new sports building is finished the gym will probably move and possibly expand over there. El Presidenté is sports mad so it's gonna be pretty nifty when it's up and running.

Westmeath GAA has converted a large portion of the MPH balcony area into a private gym for their members use only. Whether this will still be used by them in September is unknown.

has it got a leg press guys??

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

Ya it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭TimeClock18

has it got a leg press guys??

Yes it does

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Irish J

Whens rush hour?
    6-8

Advertisement