Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm trying to fix my MP3's start positions can anyone help?

Options
  • 14-05-2011 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi All,

About 3 years ago my computer hard-drive died bringing my iTunes library with it. At that time my only copy of the library was on the iPod itself.
    To retrieve the music and put it on a new computer I found a third party software to copy the files off the iPod and put them on my new computer (I don't remember it's name).

It worked OK and all the music was successfully copied to the new PC; however the start positions on many of the music files change to where I skip past a track.
    For example If I'm playing an album and listen to 14 seconds of track two- then skip forward to the next one the next time I play that track the song begins on the 14 second mark.
    I feel I've suffered long enough with this bug! I was hoping to find a relatively straightforward solution as deleting the library and reinstalling the lot would be a massive time-sink as I have just over 6,1 days of music. If anyone can help I'd be indebted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

If you play a track in iTunes can you actually see the first 14 seconds as per your example? If so right click the track or hit control and I on a mac to get info, then go to options and see I there is a tick beside start position if so remove it,And see if that sorts out problem for that track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bellisner

I've been going for ages and hadn't realised it was something so ridiculously simple! I have now done the same for the whole library. Thanks Big Gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭The Big Gig

Very welcome.

Advertisement