Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Holiday swaps

• 14-05-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

'As a member of petsholidayswap.com you get to contact other pet owners (we cater for all types of pets) and find a suitable person to mind your pet and in turn you mind theirs. Maybe you just need a day minder, short term or long term minder the choice is yours. Maybe its for a holiday or hospital stay.'

Has anyone used this service?
    For small animals, this would be very practical as one gerbil is as easy as 2 gerbils, but for bigger animals presumably you would have to make sure they all get on?

PS do you bring your pets with you to your holiday home for the weekend? i.e cat
    http://www.petsholidayswap.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭serenacat

BUMP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

It sounds like a really good idea but I would be a bit worried about letting someone else mind my guinea pigs. I have so many (14) that the person would have to come to my house and I wouldn't be comfortable with a stranger in my home.

If I had a dog or cat I'd want to meet up a few times before hand to make sure the person is legit. Hehe, I didn't realise I was so paranoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I am reading right that you have to pay to join this pet holiday swap?

ppink wrote: »
    I am reading right that you have to pay to join this pet holiday swap?

yes but currently its free to sign up so i signed up for free a few days ago, cant hurt to sign up anyways then you can pick someone who lives near you and get in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

serenacat wrote: »
    yes but currently its free to sign up so i signed up for free a few days ago, cant hurt to sign up anyways then you can pick someone who lives near you and get in touch.

its a good idea in fairness, something id look into. Are you the owner of the site? You first said 'we cater.....', then you said you signed up for free. Didn check the link yet but why would you pay the site? id rather throw a few quid to the person who actually minds me pets

• Advertisement

Dusty87 wrote: »
    its a good idea in fairness, something id look into. Are you the owner of the site? You first said 'we cater.....', then you said you signed up for free. Didn check the link yet but why would you pay the site? id rather throw a few quid to the person who actually minds me pets

No its not my site I just copied and pasted from the site.

Advertisement